Here's a quick background and info my new experiment.
- I was dx in Sept. 2008 and started 400mg of G right from the start
- Within 18 months I was PCRu
- I've now been PCRu for 36 months and my side effects have been relatively low
- About a year ago I approached my Onc with the idea that after three years PCRu I would like to reduce my dosage to 200mg
- My Onc wasn't/isn't a huge fan of the idea, but last week after my PCR test again came back negative she agreed to reduce my dosage to 200mg
- I had been getting PCR tests every six months but with the new reduction I'm going back to testing PCR every three months
- All other blood counts have been good the whole time
My thought process was; why over medicate if there's no need to and why put extra strain on liver/kidneys if not necessary. Lastly, even though my side effects were low, why not have even less side effects if I can maintain PCRu on 200mg.
I'll let you guys know how it goes and if I lose my PCRu response I'll jump back to 400mg.