BCR-ABL1/ABL1              BCR-ABL/GUS

04.11.12     76%                         21%

06.14.12     17%                         10%

07.26.12     3%                           3%

10.24.12     0.10%                      0.08%

01.15.13     0.02%                      0.01%

04.11.13     0.03%                      0.01%

Thoughts please.

My first increase, so not really jumping with joy right now, even though i knew it had to happen at some point.....

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

You have a nearly 4 log decrease by 1 year.  Maybe your "joy jumping" button is broken.

#3 TeddyB

TeddyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:27 AM

Trey: Response has been great so far, i had just hoped for a continued downward trend.

I read some of your earlier posts, and came across one:

"It is not so much a "slower response", but rather a plateau that occurs where the number of leukemic cells remains fairly constant for a while.  I believe this response plateau occurs at a point where the drug has killed off the lower level leukemic cells (lower progenitor level) and the tougher ones to kill remain (upper progenitor and low level stem cells).  It appears to take some additional time to kill off this upper level of leukemic cells.  So the initial response is often much steeper, then sometimes a plateau, and then a more gradual further decline in leukemic cells."

So i guess im at that point, i just jumped abit when reading the results and they had gone the "wrong way" but i knew that it wasnt a big issue.

Anyway, thanks for putting it into perspective for me, i know i should be happy with these results.

#4 Ray99

Ray99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:13 AM

Teddy,

Great response!!   It is a fantastic result for one year.

Ray

#5 TeddyB

TeddyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:10 AM

Thank you ray99, i had some wine last night to celebrate

#6 LivingWellWithCML

LivingWellWithCML

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:13 AM

Good for you.  Your last two tests do not represent an increase - very much within the margin of error for a PCR test.  You're doing great!  Look at my results and you will be comforted further in case you see any uptick over the 2nd year like I did ... many of us ebb and flow within a comfortable MMR and are totally healthy and doing great.  I celebrated my stable 2-year results by going on a ~ 30 mile cycling ride with a hardcore group of biking athletes, and I had no problem hanging with these guys!  Clearly they had no idea what I'm dealing with ... keep the positive outlook and enjoy the wine.

Dan

Dan - Atlanta, GA

CML CP Diagnosed March 2011

Gleevec 400mg

#7 dianysa

dianysa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

Hi to all,

I just joined this board while I was searching for similar PCR results.

Here are mine:

diagnosed. Feb 2011

Sept. 2011 0.31% IS scale

Jan. 2012   0.04%

May  2012.  0.010%'

Dec  2012    0.011%

Apr.  2013.    0.013%

I was beginning to worry about the last 2 results but after  reading the various posts, I am now convinced that we should not worry.

I am on 400mg Gleevec  and was considering shifting to Tasigna but not anymore now.

Thank you all for sharing.

#8 TeddyB

TeddyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

Thank you Dan, yeah i think im in a good place treatmentwise right now, and i knew that a small increase might occur, it just shook me up a bit when it did, even though i should know better

Glad to hear you are in good shape! I havent been having my walks lately cause my gf has been in Spain for a week, so ive been taking care of my 2 and 4 year old boys, and i just started a new job + BMB and PCR tests, so the last few weeks have been a bit rough to say the least. Hoping for everything to settle down now the next week, so i can start working out with that gym membership i got a few months ago

Teddy

#9 TeddyB

TeddyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

Thank you for sharing your experiences dianysa.

It seems most of us will bounce around a bit when it comes to the pcr testing. I will try not to pay too much attention to the numbers next time, as long as i dont see a major increase

Teddy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users