Jump to content


Lost pcru

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mark1963


    New Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:54 AM

At 3 1/2 years on gleevec 400mg. Have been <.oo1 for the past year. Last months test was .030 . Doc wants monthly pcr's for next 3 months is this overly aggressive or just conservative? Have BC insurance and saw threads about them not wanting to pay for PCR testing. Is .03 still mmr? The choice was mine yesterday to stay at 400mg doc would have upped dose or switched drugs. I have tolerated 400mg well. The heart warnings scare the crap out of me as I had cardiomyopathy and still take beta blockers for that condition. Any help would be appreciated.


#2 simone4


    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

Mark, I started a thread last week regarding the same issue.  I was PCRU for a

year and then in April, .04.  My onc saw the increase and decided to test again

in 2-3 months and keep a closer look at Gleevec.  I am on 300mg G and have

been on it for over 4 years.  I think the next PCR will show a trend or not.

Your decision to stay at 400mg. was a wise one.  Let us know what your next

one reveals.  I also have mitral valve insufficiency and am  on beta blockers as well.

I wish I had never seen all those .0000's. I would have been happy with staying


Good luck.


#3 Trey


    Advanced Member

  • PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

Your .03 is MMR if the .03 is a percentage (i.e., it is reported as .03%), AND EITHER: 1) your PCR is International Scale (MMR always = .1%) or 2) the lab calls it a 3 log reduction.

I would want at least one short cycle PCR within a month or two, and after that see if it is necessary. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users