• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

Short and not so sweet:

Gleevec-caused severe rash and then put on Tasigna

Tasigna-caused severe rash and then put on Sprycel

`

Been on Sprycel four months and the miserable rash has reared it's ugly head (and arms, legs, neck, thighs, etc).

I'm beginning to think CML causes the rash, it gets rather difficult at times but must keep fighting.

Woof

I have cancer but it doesn't have me

#2 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

Hi WW,

So sorry to hear that! The devil is making me say this , but have you tried flea powder! I couldn't resist that. Does cortisone cream help? There is a 2% cortisone cream available by prescription. That's the main reason I don't want to go on Tasigma, I have always had sensitive skin so I know I'll be one big rash.  I hope you find something to help you soon.      Billie

#3 mariebow

mariebow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:12 PM

Have you tried going to a dermatologist.  I know that that is not a good feeling.

#4 ChrisC

ChrisC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:09 AM

FWIW note from one who may no longer blame anything on a TKI: if it's a rash that has any blisters involved, it really helps to use a hair dryer on it. The heat of the hair dryer "resets" the nerves, from feeling itching to feeling burning :) and also dries the surface of the itchy rash. (I just learned this online: I seem to attrach fleas when visiting folks with pets, and I have a strong reaction to the bites; in an effort to repell the fleas, I've tried using neem oil and tea tree oil, in a base of jojoba oil,, and have had allergic reaction to one of these oils as blistery rash on my hands . . .). Then, funnily enough, you spray hair spray on the dried-out rash, and "a miracle!" — it really works, really fast, lasts for hours! So weird — desperation makes folk try anything, then post these their results, and others of us try their remedies . . . — I love the internet age :)

However, the rash I had from Gleevec way back when wasn't an itchy rash, just a visible one, so perhaps "nevermind"?

Anyway, I second Mariebow's suggestion of visiting the dermatologist. That worked for stopping my Gleeves rash then.

Good luck, very soon.

ChrisC

Be alert, but not overly concerned.

• Dx Oct. 22, 2008, WBC 459k, in ICU for 2 days + in hospital 1 week

• Leukapheresis for 1 week, to reduce WBC (wasn't given Hydroxyurea)

• Oct. 28, 2008: CML confirmed, start Gleevec 400mg

• Oct. 31, 2008: sent home when WBC reached 121k

• On/off, reduced dose Gleevec for 7 months

• April 2009: Started Sprycel 100mg

• Sept. 2009: PCRU 0.000

• Sept. 2011: after 2 years steady PCRU & taking Sprycel 100mg before bed, quit Sprycel (with permission)

• Currently: still steady PCRU, testing every 6 months 🤗

— Fatigue, hearing loss continue, alas, but I prefer to think it is all getting better!

#5 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

HI, WoofWoof. . .

I'm seeing a dermatologist on Thursday for rashes. . .in my ears, back of my neck, forearm, back of leg.  They've been driving me nuts for months.  I have been assuming they are from Sprycel, but will let you know what the dermatologist says.  Good luck!

Marnie

#6 Tedsey

Tedsey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:24 PM

I have always suffered from eczema.  I was a mutant as a child.  It cleared up around high school.  And for my early adult years, I only got it on one foot (crazy).  Now eczema is taking over my lower body.  I look like a mutant again.  Uggggh!  The itching is miserable.  I cannot say the rash started when I was put on Sprycel.  However, I wonder if the drug exacerbates eczema.   Any eczema sufferers out there?  Have you had this issue?

Oh, as for bug bites, I am curious if Sprycel causes us to be more attractive to bugs.  The new news I read says that staying stationary makes mosquitoes bite you more.  However, I have been running after my toddlers outdoors for years (and I am rarely sitting on my butt outside---ever).  I seem to get bitten even more when I am a moving target.

Teds

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users