• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KarieMarie

KarieMarie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

Just had my 8 year mark of diagnosis with CML, been an interesting 8 years. Had almost all side effects.....started on 400 Gleevec, then up to 600mg Gleevec for 6 years, then down to 500 then now I am on 400mg gleevec and maintaining my complete molecular remission. Lived on these boards the first 2 years........just wanted to say HI, I read posts and have dealt with alot of what you are dealing with.....my advice.....TAKE YOUR MEDS!!!   DON"T MISS!!!!! 

#2 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:53 PM

Congratulations on how well your doing.  I have been on 400mg of Gleevec since 2000, and fortunate that I never had to increase my dose.  Good advice regarding not missing your dose.  I might have only missed about 2 doses in my 12 years, due to being sick or something.  The important thing is to make it a daily routine and try to take it at the same time each day with a good meal to prevent nausea.

Hope you stay with us and share your experiences to help others.  We get so many new people who have no idea what will happen with regard to their CML. I always tell everyone that its so treatable now, then it was years ago.

May you continue to do well. I have been MMR now for 10years.  Have had CML for 14 years this past Dec.

Susan

#3 momruns

momruns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:41 AM

Very happy for you, I just started my third medication "bosutunib".  I like you have not missed a dose and even though it has been only 2 years I am encouraged by the friends here with years of survival. 

Thank you for sharing.

Loreta

#4 alexamay09

alexamay09

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:33 PM

congratulations on doing so well

alex

x