Photo

New Drugs Increase Treatment Options for Patients with Imatinib-Resistant Chronic Myeloid Leukemia

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:01 AM

In the past year, several new targeted drugs have been approved as second-line treatments for imatinib-resistant chronic myeloid leukemia (CML). These drugs include the second-generation tyrosine kinase inhibitor bosutinib and the third-generation tyrosine kinase inhibitor ponatinib, which may change the standard of care for CML.

http://www2.mdanders...mar/3-13-2.html

#2 nelnorm

nelnorm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

Is there anyone taking Ponatinib ?   I am now on day 25 of 45mg.  Would love to hear from someone as to what they are going through with this new drug.  I was on Gleevec for the first year after being diagnosed with CML.... really worked well at 400 mg. but due to the skin rash which was invasive squamous cell ca , dosage was reduced to 300 mg which did solve the skin ca problem but lost response to CML.... Have a great team of docs at MDA and Dr. Cortez has now taken over due to my loss of response to Imatinib.  Just interested in knowing what others are going through with this drug.   It has knocked me for a loop but I am hanging in there although I cannot do much ..... lifestyle has totally changed..... B/P elevated first time ever and am on hypertensive meds.... nausea and vomiting , muscle pain... etc.  Doc said of all the side effects , it looks like I have most of them and that maybe within a few weeks the body will get used to the medicine.  Am scheduled for an ultrasound of the thyroid as I am showing hyperthyroidism too.  Very curious to see what others on this are going through.  Encouragement needed.

#3 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

Hi nelnorm,

I'd start a new thread with your question, there are a few people here on Ponatnib, they may not see your question here.

#4 nelnorm

nelnorm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:13 PM

Thanks, GerryL,

Will do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users