#1 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

Hi:  I do not know if anyone knew Lottie Duthu.  She was on the CML 2 Discussion board, but she never got to join us here.  Some people might know her, as she has had CML since 1996.  She Passed Away This Weekend in Louisianna her hometown.  She was very close to achieving her PCRU status as she was doing the clinical trial at MD Anderson for Ponatanib.  I know she had to stop the trial for awhile due to other health problems.

She did not die from her CML, but from her other health issues.  She will be missed by all who knew her.  She was a beautiful Lady, and always positive in everything she went through.  Always there for everyone else before doing for herself.

If anyone knew Lottie, her Obituary is on the CML 2 Board.  She was also very good friends with Zavie Miller who we lost not so long ago.

#2 ruag8tr2

ruag8tr2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

Susan,

I did not know her but remember reading her posts.  RIP to Lottie.  Also, RIP to Zavie.  He was the guy that ran the zero club on the other board.  Can you tell me how to get to that board.  I am looking for some of my old posts from there and would like to see if they are still there. 

Dennis

#3 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Hi Dennis:  Its in my favorites, but I believe it was a yahoo website.  Type in CML 2, and see if it brings you to the message board to sign on.  Yes I was in Zavie's zero club. I think I was #293

#4 SandyG353

SandyG353

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

To those of us that knew Lottie, she will surely be missed.  She was the one that everyone in the CML2 group looked up to for advice, leadership, knowledge, sense of humor, and very caring.  She was more concerned with the problems of others than she was of herself.  She had a wonderful sense of humor,too. She was diagnosed many years ago and was given 5 and a half years to live.  However, she survived a long time.  All of the drugs failed to help her except for the ponatibib which gave her PCRU for the first time in so many years.  This drug was the one used on the Ariad Trial and is now available for people with CML to take.  It appears to be a drug with fewer side effects than the others.  Lottie wanted to resume the trial after her hospitalization for one month due to pneumonia and falls.  She felt that a good trial would be one in which the younger people participated  and , she, at 84 having failed to achieve PCRU with any other drug would be the end of the bell curb to analyze how effective the drug was.  It is sad that she wasn't able to do this which she wanted to do for others instead of herself.

#5 SandyG353

SandyG353

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

To those of us that knew Lottie, she will surely be missed.  She was the one that everyone in the CML2 group looked up to for advice, leadership, knowledge, sense of humor, and very caring.  She was more concerned with the problems of others than she was of herself.  She had a wonderful sense of humor,too. She was diagnosed many years ago and was given 5 and a half years to live.  However, she survived a long time.  All of the drugs failed to help her except for the ponatibib which gave her PCRU for the first time in so many years.  This drug was the one used on the Ariad Trial and is now available for people with CML to take.  It appears to be a drug with fewer side effects than the others.  Lottie wanted to resume the trial after her hospitalization for one month due to pneumonia and falls.  She felt that a good trial would be one in which the younger people participated  and , she, at 84 having failed to achieve PCRU with any other drug would be the end of the bell curb to analyze how effective the drug was.  It is sad that she wasn't able to do this which she wanted to do for others instead of for herself.

Sandy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users