7 replies to this topic

#1 cam_kris

cam_kris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

Hi!
Well, I was wondering if anyone has ever used forever living oils?  you can put them in a  Diffuser, or on the main zones on your feet

on your neck and so forth. 

of course they have an oil for every disease you could ever get in your life time, but I just wanted to make sure that there was no problem

with them

Again, I think most of this is mind over matter, if you believe in it, you believe that it is working for you but.  there is nothing on the bottle to check with the interaction

checker with Tasigna, I just typed in the name to see if anything came up, and it didnt.

Ones that i have checked on are peppermint, Frankincense and Lavender

it is just that all of a sudden, everyone i know is using these oils for one thing or another.  So I thought, what the heck, then after I started to use them,  i got to thinking, can I?  

I dont even know why I am trying it, but something to focus on i guess.  They are not stating an over all cure for anything, but supposed to help with different areas

So I hope this isnt too bad of a stupid question and i get someones opinion.  .

thanks!

Kris

#2 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

I use lavender on my skin for headaches. Unless you're planning on swallowing them or becoming pregnant I wouldn't get too concerned.

#3 Sneezy12

Sneezy12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:05 AM

Why waste your money on an unproven, unscientific "treatment"? Frank

#4 cam_kris

cam_kris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

Thank you GerryL

I am not planning on drinking any of them, but just wanted to see if anyone else uses them.  I heard that Lavender is for headaches as well, i am glad to hear that you are using them as well!    do you think that it helps you?

Hey Frank,

I know, you are probably 100% right.  but I feel, what the heck, as long as it doesnt interfer with the tasigna i am willing to try anything. 

#5 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

The lavender wouldn't fix a major headache or migraine, but I think it helps me drop off to sleep a bit easier. We used a combination of oils for my mum, which seemed to help settle her down when she was feeling over whelmed due to her illness. We were using oils from health food shops, not sure that your forever oils are available in Australia

I think if it helps you feel more relaxed and a bit pampered while you are continuing with your Tasigna and it doesn't interfere with it, why not try it.

#6 Dona_B

Dona_B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 03:52 PM

Was searching for information on Frankincense essential oil as I heard that it was good for cancer. This was the only post I found dealing with this particular oil. Since this is a couple of years old wondering if essential oils have become more popular with CML patients. If so, please share which one and how you use.

DX 1/14; Sprycel 100 Mg, liver toxicity; Sprycel 80 Mg; down to 50 Mg for 5 months. Numbers going up. Back to 80 Mg 10/16 (with 50s slipped in to use up) BCR/ABL: .0047 12/15; .0302 4/16;  .0528 8/16;  .084 10/16; .045, 1/17 back up on 80 mg Sprycel; .006, 3/17; .016, 7/17; Shingles 8/17

#7 DebDoodah22

DebDoodah22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:46 PM

I doubt that essential oils will carry much weight with this group. We tend to be more data driven, after all numbers do rule. I have a diffuser that I usually use for aromatherapy...alternating lavender, Rosemary, peppermint, citrus, and oregano for relaxation or energy support. It's more mood therapy than anything. But my daughter gave me Frankincense and Tea Tree Oils for Christmas...She is convinced they are good for leukemia and wants me to try them...I will use them as aromatics, but I have no reason to believe they have any curative or palliative properties. Sorry Dona_B, I'm not much help.

#8 Dona_B

Dona_B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:11 PM

Thank you, Deb. I think you are right about the data driven part. When I was first diagnosed (two years ago today), I asked a representative if they would be able to pair me with another person that was blending traditional treatment with alternative and I never  heard back from her

Although I've read several places where Frankincense is good, but the sources don't usually share how to use it for that result.  It's one of the more expensive oils so I'm hoping I will find out something soon. In the meantime, I'm taking a drop or two under my tongue or in water infrequently. Next week I get my quarterly results so I'll have more of idea if it helped or hurt.

DX 1/14; Sprycel 100 Mg, liver toxicity; Sprycel 80 Mg; down to 50 Mg for 5 months. Numbers going up. Back to 80 Mg 10/16 (with 50s slipped in to use up) BCR/ABL: .0047 12/15; .0302 4/16;  .0528 8/16;  .084 10/16; .045, 1/17 back up on 80 mg Sprycel; .006, 3/17; .016, 7/17; Shingles 8/17

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users