• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 WoofWoof

WoofWoof

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

Today may not be the end of the world for us but not that long ago I thought it would be mine. Five years ago today I received the diagnosis of Leukemia (CML). Of course I immediately researched it on the web and the information at the time was bleak. There was only a 10% chance of surviving for five years. No I'm not one of the lucky 10%ers but rather the information at that time was a bit outdated. I have been on the three"biggies" Gleevec, Tasigna and now Sprycel and the prognosis is that most likely something else will be my demise. There are many very, very bright and gifted people in this world that use their skills to help others. I like many others are the recipients of their education, dedication and perseverance. Also the entire support of my family, friends and medical team help me daily. This year I have received the greatest Christmas gift ever. Yesterday I got word that my blood showed 0% by FISH.

I've always tried to believe that I have cancer but it doesn't have me.

Merry Christmas to all my fellow survivors and their family & friends

I have cancer but it doesn't have me

#2 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

Great news, congratulations!

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users