• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tinac21

tinac21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

Hello everyone. Its been a while since I've posted on the board, boy have things changed around here. All is well for me in the CML department, just celebrated my 3rd year in remission for the first time since dx in 04'. Still taking Sprycel 100mg daily. Just recently I became very sick, doctors thought I had rheumatoid arthritis. In September I was DX with Lupus, actually mix connective tissue disease (beginngs of some form of lupus) and fibromyalgia. I've done a little home work and recently spotted on Novartis website that Sprycel can cause SLE. I am guessing once you've got it, you've got it. The thing I am wondering is how many people on Sprycel has this happened to? For the life of me I cant seem to find anything online to suggest some real study on the topic. Thanks for all the input as always, and I cant wait to catch up with everyone!

Tina

Dx cml 04', reactive ebv, lupus and Fibro.

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

There have been very rare cases of SLE occur during Sprycel treatment but no conclusive connection.  It could be that Sprycel (which inhibits the SRC kinases which Gleevec and Tasigna do not inhibit) can exacerbate the symptoms of someone who is already predisposed to SLE.  No solid evidence on a connection that I am aware of.

BTW Novartis does not make Sprycel, BMS does.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users