Photo

No difference between light and heavy exertion?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Taylor

Taylor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

Hi all,

I know we all have some degree of fatigue and other issues with our TKIs, but does anyone feel like they get winded and get a high heart rate fairly easily?  I am not in the best shape, but I think going out to do the laundry shouldn't make my heart rate go too high.  Sometimes it gets to the same level or close to it if I am taking a brisk walk.  I find it strange that I can do a brisk walk and maintain a high heart rate for a bit with no issues, but normal mundane stuff can have the same effect on me.  I'm not sure if it is just a weird easily fatigued issue with the TKIs, or maybe I really am just that out of shape...  Just curious if anyone else has an issue like this.  Thanks.

#2 BY196

BY196

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

I have the same problem. For a while I avoided exercise, thinking it would make my heart explode but it turned out that I was fine. But yeah, doing housework gets me out of breath. Weird.

Beth

#3 Taylor

Taylor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

Good, that makes me feel a lot better   It's made me a little worried.

So you don't have problems with normal exercise at all?

#4 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

Hi Taylor,

Fluid retention from the Gleevec does it for me, If I'm doing chores that require me to bend over the fluid retention sends the blood pressure up - heart pounds and chest is heavy. I don't have any problems with normal exercise.

#5 BY196

BY196

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

I do think my hart rate goes higher more quickly and recovers more slowly than before dx. I notice that in the beginning of exercise, like the first ten minutes of a run, I have a harder time settling in and getting comfortable. But I have had a nuclear stress test and other tests and things seem to be ok on the heart front. Because I have thyroid issues, I can't exercise as intensely as I used to, so I'm not as bothered by the heart rate thing as I might ordinarily be.

Beth

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users