Photo

here we go again with insurance change!!!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dee145

dee145

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

My husbands changed Oct. 1st to the worst insurance there is possible.  My onc. did all the phone calls for my Gleevec the beginning of Oct. and I am still dealing with it.  First I didnt exist then the Gleevec wasnt covered then they found it.  But I cant afford it..went from $35 a month to $250 a month and my family dr co-pay is now $40 and onc. co-pay is $60.  I have called every number I can find and my husband makes to much money.  My anxiety of course has gotten worse.  I am down to like 3 pills and still havent gotten the mess straightned out with new insurance.  I lost my great onc. so I have a new one but shes just not the same.  My old one moved and this one isnt as compassionate.  I am so scared with the Gleevec that my numbers are going to go bad.  His work did it to save them money but what about the workers?  The new insurance is Aetna POS and its awful!!!!  My husband is working 12 hour days plus weekends but I am afraid something is going to happen to him.  Why can't middle class people get any help?  We went from 2 incomes to 1 and now i have to try to pay a extra $250 a month for my Gleevec.  I havent been on for awhile but all you old members know how bad my anxiety is...well its thru the roof now.  Been to hospital by ambulance cuz my husband found me passed out on floor.twice in last 2 months.  I have no control over it...it comes and if I dont get to a phone in time I am out.  Sometimes i feel like just giving up but then i see my grand kids.  Just needed to vent.

Dee

#2 ritan/

ritan/

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

have you applied with novartis? they have a program that helps people with insurance coverage that doesn't adequately cover prescriptions.

#3 dee145

dee145

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:28 AM

Now last evening i was told my authorzation was denied by insurance company.  My husband almost quit after 35 years of work there. I might as well give up...i feel doomed.  Suppose to have a meeting this morning with a advocate to see if we can do anything.  This is just not fair!!!!   I didn't ask to get leukemia but now you don't want to help me stay alive either.  I am really a mess this morning!!!!!

Dee

P.S. My onc. did call the company and they said no due to income. We are or were just a normal middle class family and now we are doomed and can't get any help.  But other people can get help for little reasons.  I won't start venting on that cause i could go forever.

#4 ritan/

ritan/

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

that all sucks. my insurance has a $5000/yr copay, so i totally understand how wretched insurance is. we also pay $650/month just to have any insurance.   hugs. hope things get better soon.

#5 pamsouth

pamsouth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

To Dee,  I am also on Gleevec.  I received a letter last year that Novartis would no longer give co-pay assistance for Gleevec but would for Tasigna.  My guess would be that, Gleevec was originally suppose to become generic in 2013, but was given an extenuation  to 2015. I do believe Gleevec become Generic in 2013 in Canada, however it is illegal to get drugs there.

It will be interesting in that my Medicare kicks in Dec 1, 2012.  Medicare will be my primary, Blue Cross UAW Retiree my secondary and Medco prescription drugs is changing over to Express Scrip Medicare Drug, kind of confusing though, because they tell it still fall under Medco.  To my understanding, Express Script Medicare  is the same as Part D only the UAW Benefit Trust will be paying the deduct and donut hole at least for 2013.  I have had more then my share of issue with Blue Cross, so I am crossing my fingers that Medicare will be good to me.  We do pay a lot for medical insurance; Blue Cross, deductible/ co ins/ out of pocket.  Cobra for Dental & Optical and of course Medicare part B for my husband and I will be going up $105.00 ea month starting 2013.  Actually they all are going up, they do every year.

I have called our benefits trust, and Medco Express Script Medicare and I am  approved for another year, but it will be interesting when 01/01/12 rolls around, to see if the 1 year authorization rolls over to Medicare.  Medicare seems to think it will, depends on who you talk to.  She said if it didn't some cancer drugs are picked up on Part B and then sometimes secondary also pick up cost.  We will see.

PamSouth

PamSouth

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users