Photo

Constipation on Sprycel, any suggestions?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sharcare

sharcare

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

I have not being moving my bowels well for about a month.  (On Sprycel now for 2 and a half months).

I tried FiberCon, it worked a few days.  Called the dr. he put me on Senecot-S, that also only worked a few days.  Now I have been taking the Senecot, drinking 4-6 oz. of prune juice a day and eating 4-6 prunes a day.

I Was going daily but not well.  Now I haven't gone in 2 days.

Anyone else have this prob.?  And any thing work for you?

Thanks, Shar

#2 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

Sharon,

Nothing worse than not having your guts work normally!  I was never diagnosed with IBS- constipation pre-CML but I think I did exhibit symptoms back then.  Both Gleevec and Sprycel have made me, if anything, more "regular". I've noticed that Sprycel affects my gut motility occasionally and stool may move slowly through my colon, taking 2-3 days, but it is always soft, not hard or uncomfortable to pass.

Do you experience this, or hard, small stools that are difficult to pass and leave you feeling like you weren't finished? Have you tried Metamucil powder? That worked for me when I was pregnant and thought I would die from "terminal constipation"!  : )

Good luck!

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#3 sharcare

sharcare

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

When I go, it is normal but not alot.    It's just that I went alot more before Sprycel

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users