• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PhoenixPat

PhoenixPat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:25 AM

The "Living Well with CML" Summits have been presented by The National CML Society since 2011, and there are three coming up soon. These programs focus include medical professionals who work with CML patients and offer the opportunity to ask your specific, individual questions and to meet other CMLers. Guests are encouraged and welcome, such as family members, friends, etc. who you feel could use a better understanding of life with CML. The program sponsor is Novartis -  the content covers all forms of treatment, including transplant, and all questions are welcome.

Atlanta, Georgia - Saturday, October 20, 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota - Saturday, October 27, 2012     
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Saturday, November 10, 2012

Each event is from 10 am to 2 pm. Lunch provided. Free.  Info and registration: www.CMLPatientSummit.com

Let me know if I can answer any questions about the Summits. I hosted one in California -  it was a great experience to actually meet and spend time with people that I had only known previously in the virtual world of online support groups and Facebook.

Thanks,

Pat

#2 ritan/

ritan/

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

i'm excited. Minneapolis isn't exactly *near* me, but i'm thinking of going anyway!

#3 PhoenixPat

PhoenixPat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

I went from Phoenix to the one in Santa Clara, California...and to my surprise I met a woman there from Tucson, Arizona who brought her husband with her, and her daughter who was a college student there, and they made a nice family weekend out of it. I was later able to connect the Tucson patient with another woman her age in Tucson. Interestingly not one of the people who came to the event had ever met another human being with CML on a face to face basis. Several "knew" each other from an online group only and the hugs as people met each other brought tears of joy to many of them....I will never forget the experience.

#4 ritan/

ritan/

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:56 PM

i have met one lady with CML. but we don't live in the same town and i encounter her once in a blue moon. i'd love to meet some more localish people. i don't feel like i belong in a cancer support group, but i would love a CML support group.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users