Here is a quick update to my situation
I spent approximately 1 hour on the phone Monday with the Pharmacy and it was explained in no uncertain terms that my plan for this medication has the blood test under this medication. They would not provide the documentation unless the test came back positive where a resolution process would begin. I did in my opinion make sure this was just not a doctor making this call and that it was policy. As far as cutting cost, I see what they are doing, if they are to spend >$75k, then why would they wantto pay for something that won't work.
I went to the lab on Monday while giving up some blood for this test and the nurse came over from the Oncs office and a discussion ensued and they say this happens often in the world of cancer. Some folks may not even be aware of it.
A good friend of mine is a recently retired HR Director at the same company I am at which is one of top 25 companies in the country and he also has cancer and had to go through a similiar situation.
It is very unnerving but the Nurse said based on the Onc thoughts he said there is a slim chance I have the T 351i gene. Not sure exactly how he came to that conclusion but made the statement to his nurse. I don't think any doctor should speculate but he must know something based in my previous test.
Be aware as I asked for the test sheet at lab that insurance company sent, it says "this test may not accurately detect mutations if present in fewer than 5%of CML cells" This may explain why this mutant gene can go undetected for some time and rear it's guy head later on down the road.
I will find out tomorrow the results.