• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KerriD

KerriD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:50 AM

I had a work day in my yard 2 weeks ago and got poison ivy for the first time in my life.  Some of it was on my face so I went to see my Primary Care Doc right away.  He put me on a week of Predisone and some cream.  It has been 2 full weeks and it doesnt seem to be getting better or even healing.

When I started Tasigna over a year ago I had a rash for a while but it dissapated.  Does anyone think that the length of healing is related to the Tasigna or am I just crazy? 

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated...I'm tired of itching!!

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

Very likely related to Tasigna.  It might not even be poison ivy.  I have had Gleevec rashes that act and look exactly like poison ivy when I was not near it, and I know it well.  Maybe another piece of flora caused it, but not poison ivy.  So the skin issues associated with Tasigna can be the worst of any TKI. 

#3 oscarsst

oscarsst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

Just a comment . . . First a disclaimer, I don't have CML, my husband does. But this summer it was me who got poison invy in the yard. I wound up with a systemic reaction and hives everywhere PLUS the poison ivy rash itself. It was a nightmare -- steroids, 2 months of antihistamines, DERM consult, etc. I never had much trouble with it before. And then, oddly enough, a month later, my cousin got poison ivy working in HER garden . . . again it was horrible - 3 weeks of steroids, full body hives, etc etc. She hadn't had a problem in the past. We both suffered with it for close to two months before it resolved!!! Both of our docs said that the cases they were seeing this year were particularly bad for some reason . . . not saying yours isn't Tasigna related but just wanted to mention that even non-CMLers seem to be having a bad time with the ivy this year! Stephanie

#4 oscarsst

oscarsst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

One little tip -- try to get some Sarna lotion -- both my derm and PCP recommended it . Doesn't substitute for steroids or antihistamines but it does take the edge off of the itching better than any of the other OTC topicals I tried. Good luck! Stephanie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users