• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cfroncz1

cfroncz1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:26 AM

I have been taking Gleevec 400mg for about 1.5 years now. About 3 weeks ago I started experiencing twitching in my legs, and it has since moved to my toes,fingers and arms. Has anyone else had this happen while on Gleevec? I've had muscle cramps before, but this is different. The twitch only lasts a second and doesn't hurt, but it has become very annoying. I have also been having a burning feeling in both legs, but this is not constant and has only happened a few times. The doctor told me to try and up my potassium as it was on the low side of normal, however, after eating 2 bananas every day for a week, it hasn't helped. I am calling him back today, but I was wondering if anyone has any other advice?

Thanks!
Cheryl

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

Twitching is a cousin to cramping.  So likely the same causes and remedies.  When I sweat a lot (walking golf in near 100 degree heat) my muscle cramps get much worse, but when I take a potassium supplement  I don't get the cramps as bad, so I think potassium is the right answer.

#3 cfroncz1

cfroncz1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:13 PM

Trey, Thanks for the reply. If you don't mind me asking...what kind of potassium supplement do you take? Is it liquid or a pill? Do you know how many mg? They just keep telling me to eat more bananas and potatoes, but I have to tell you I am so sick of bananas its not funny!

Thanks!
Cheryl

#4 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:44 PM

I just take the cheapest potassium pill I can find from Walt-Marz.  100mg per pill. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users