3 replies to this topic

#1 Headi

Headi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBradenton, FL

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:22 PM

I have been on Tasigna since the end of May. Now all of a sudden I have an intensly itchy rash mostly on my abdomen with a few spots scattered on arms, legs,and neck. I woke up with it Fri., the last day of our vacation in GA. I looked like a very hungry mosquito had dinner on me and invited his family and friends, but I couldn't find any mosquitoes any where in the room and my husband who was next to me all night had no bites, maybe hes just not tasty enough. The next thought was bed bugs and even though we've never seen one we exained the mattress and bedding and found nothing. So now I'm thinking side effects, as I remember seeing rash on the drug handout, but it doesn't describe it. I skpped my last 2 doses of Tasigna fearing it is an allergic reaction and not wanting to go into anaphylaxis. I will call my onc Monday, but I'm pretty sure I can get more information on this site.  Hopefully Trey, who knows everything, or someone who may have first hand experience can give me some feedback. Help, please!

Headi

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:36 PM

Probably related to Tasigna.  There should not be any reason to stop taking the drug unless the rash is very severe.  It is uncomfortable but not normally much of a risk.   But call the Onc anyway.

Here are some past discussions about Tasigna rash:

http://community.lls...&q=Tasigna rash

#3 Headi

Headi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBradenton, FL

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:26 AM

Thank you, Trey,  You're always thereto offer help.  I did as hannabellamo suggested and did a search on this site on "Tasigna rash" and saw all your posts from a couple of years ago. I followed the links and they allayed my fear of anaphylaxis, so I went back on the Tasigna this morning. Thank you also to others who offered suggestions on how to treat it, they have been very helpful. The antihistamines and cortisone have definitely helped with the intense itching. I also found a Benedryl cream that has helped immensely. I have to go in tomorrow for my first PCR since going on Tasigna, so I'll check with the onc then, but I feel comfortable with the infomation I've gotten from you and the others. Thank you all so much.

Headi

#4 Lori's okay

Lori's okay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationWashington DC area

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:27 AM

Have you thought of a reaction to sun exposure?  Many of us on Tasigna become extremely sun sensitive.  On vacation you may have exposed skin you normally don't?  I know we all respond differently to these meds, but it does seem most common that the Tasigna rash affects face and scalp most.  The sun sensitivity can be like an allergic reaction to sun exposure.  Just a thought.

Ditto on 'do call the Onc.'

Sure hope you get some relief. 

Lori

DX 09-2011 PCR 8.08 not IS WBC 17 , Began Tasigna 600mg  

in 2012 Tasigna 450mg/day ,in 2013-2017 Tasigna 300mg/day

DATE/PCR

09-11/ 8.08 not IS

03-12/ 0.054 not IS

06-12/ 0.035 not IS

09-12/ PCRU, 01-13/ PCRU

4-13/ 0.042 IS

7-13/ 0.014 IS