• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 djm

djm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:22 PM

I was switched to Tasigna 2 weeks ago and right now the side effect that is annoying me the most is this itchy scalp.  I've searched on this forum for some answers to help alleviate the itching and all I can find is "Tree Oil".  I did go and get me some hair conditioner with Tree Oil, and I believe it has helped....some.  I'd like a little more relief, so has anyone else run into this particular side effect and have any suggestions on what else I could try?  Much appreciated.

DJ

#2 Taylor

Taylor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:03 PM

Some OTC shampoos for dandruff might help you.  Just don't get Nizoral (ketaconazole) because it will increase concentrations of Tasigna in the bloodstream.

#3 mariebow

mariebow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:19 PM

My hair is been itching so bad for a couple of months, and did not know why, until I read on here that Tasigna causes it.    Dandruff shampoos help for  few days, but it comes right back.  I uses sulphur 8 for itching scalp it works immediately, but it smells like sulphur,  you can mix it with some good smelling hair grease, "yes I said grease." lol. this really works, but you have to use it like every other day.  I know that this is not something you probably will do, but it helps me.  If your doctor prescribes something else let me know.   Also my face itches sometimes also, and my once said to use cortisone cream, I really am not to keen on putting this on my face everyday.

#4 cwade61

cwade61

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:06 PM

http://www.paulmitch...ialShampoo.aspx

Works like a charm.

#5 djm

djm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:22 AM

Thanks Charlie.  I will have to give this a try.

#6 djm

djm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:24 AM

No, I don't think she will prescribe me anything.  I also have the rash thing going on my arms mainly and she mentioned an OTC cortizone cream for that.

#7 markmendonca

markmendonca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:49 PM

how long have u been on tasigna ? i have been on it for a year now.. and when i started my hair, face was hurting at the same time i was losing hair man it sucked .... but it will stop well it gets better. comes and goes. so i use baby oil on my hair feel good and helps me ...

#8 markmendonca

markmendonca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

has the new shampoo work ?????

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users