• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nathaliece

nathaliece

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:41 PM

Exhausted but unable to sleep because of Gleevec side effects of diarrhea and excruciating bone pain ... not a good combination!  I am thankful that the side effects are sporadic and not constant, but boy, are they tough tonight!  I have been PCRU for 6 months and wonder if there is a chance my onc will agree to reduce the Gleevec to 300 mg to lessen the bone pain.

Thanks for letting me vent,

Nat

#2 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:59 PM

Hi Nat:  I am up late also, and just saw your posting.  I talk to so many people.  How long have you been on Gleevec, and what dose? I am on 400mg for years.  I did have some Diarrhea way back in the beginning, and a lot of joint pain at first when the Gleevec was doing its job of killing off those cancer cells. I see  you were diagnosed in 2010.  I would not think you would be having it so rough with the Diarrhea and Joint Pain.  Maybe its something else.  Your a lot younger than me, but a lot of my joint pain is Arthritis.  I know if you got to PCRU that your doctor might reduce your dose also.

I hope you get some answers and some relief soon.  We all handle these TKI drugs in different ways.

I think I am finally feeling tired enough to go to sleep.  Hope  you can get some sleep soon. 

Vent Anytime

Susan

#3 nathaliece

nathaliece

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:11 AM

Thanks, Susan.  You are always such a blessing to me and others on this board with your special and unique way to provide hope and encouragement.  I will never forget your response to my first post, telling me about your 13 years of success with Gleevec.  I have been on 400 mg since 11/10 and am thankful for reaching PCRU.  I have struggled with bone pain, particularly in my hands since I started with the Gleevec.  I am not a big fan of pain killers but use the oxycodone my onc prescribed when it gets bad like this.  Good night.

#4 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:28 AM

Must be the late night party tonight.  Good luck nathaliece. . .hi, Susan. 

Marnie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users