• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

Dx'd April 2011, been on gleevec ever since.

Traci

#22 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

Pam,

Great pic!  I love that!

Traci

#23 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:08 PM

Marnie,

What are you celebrating with champagne?  Or do you just hang with the Rockefellers?  I can't believe you're celebrating the return to school!

Traci

#24 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:24 PM

Wish I were celebrating something.  Cheap champagne is my beverage of choice when I'm too lazy to make a fresh margarita (which seems to be most of the time).  Today, after working from 8:30 to 3:15 non-stop. . .not even a break for the bathroom or for lunch. . .to set up my new classroom on unpaid time. . .I was NOT celebrating.  I got home and was too exhausted to do anything but pop the cork and start drinking.  I've spent the last 2 days unboxing 26 years of stuff.  One more full day should leave me with a pretty nice looking classroom. . .I'm picky.  Today I pulled out the sliding drawers from under the sink and brought them home.  Pulled off the ugly contact paper and will paint them with fun math symbols and formulas.  Why?  Because I'm stupid.  And picky.  I don't like ugly. 

Just got an e-mail from my new principal that she has put me on the school leadership team, and can I be at a meeting next Tuesday (again. . .unpaid time).  I'd be there anyway working in my classroom. . .so I'm flattered, but dang. . .this will mean more meetings.  Had to go to the dentist last week to get fitted for a crown because I have cracked yet another tooth from my constant jaw clenching.  My stress goes straight to my jaws.  That's the second tooth in less than 2 years.  Sheesh!

Actually. . .I should have just given the short answer that I was celebrating 19 years of bliss (yesterday). . .but I forgot.  Oh well.

Marnie

#25 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:54 PM

Congrats on the anniversary Marnie!  Cheap champagne works when one does not want to get the margarita ingredients out.  I think you are proactive, things like making the inside of drawers make you and the possible student who would open them feel better.  Yeah, it is work, but worth the positive feel when you see your job and then get rid of the ugly.  Stop clenching your teeth!    I would line mine with rubber if I had to visit the dentist with cracked teeth, oh I shudder when I think of the sounds that come from his office.  bbbbuuuuuuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#26 Tedsey

Tedsey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:25 PM

I read this yesterday, but my 3 y.o. was hanging on me and I couldn't type, let alone really read the posts.  Anyway, congratulations!!!  I love happy news!

Long life to you!

Hugs,

Tedsey

#27 Tedsey

Tedsey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:32 PM

Marnie,

Congratulations on your anniversary!  Speaking of cheap champagne, there is this wonderful sparkling raspberry wine from France I found at Whole Foods.  I figured, what the heck, it's summer.  It was great.  I don't have much to celebrate, but life itself, but it is a good chill after a day of whining toddlers.  Not too sweet, and refreshing.  I am sure it could take the edge off of a day with middle school kids, or the stress of anticipating their antics before the year starts!

#28 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:24 PM

Hi:  I do not know how I missed your response, but Belated Happy Anniversary.  May you have many more.

Susan

#29 super99

super99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:25 AM

Traci,

Such a great news! This is awesome.  Congratulations and hope you have many more.

Sup

#30 nathaliece

nathaliece

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

Congratulations, Tracy!!!  Doing the happy dance for you!

#31 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:06 PM

Teds,

I had to laugh at that!  I know all about having little ones glued to your lap all day.  Glad those days are over!  Now I just have to fight them to get on the computer at all.... 

Traci

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users