#1 mscl

mscl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationSalina KS

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:38 PM

Just got a call from my onc about some test results. I don't have the time right now to search the Internet so turning to this group for what this means as I don't have the test results in hand right now. Dx in February 2012. Monthly CBC tests have been good. My doctor ordered tests last month, but a different lab was used from my original diagnosis at the hospital, so I believe he ordered a BCR-ABL (I think) to do a one month comparison instead of a 3-month comparison using the same lab as the month before.. He said the results are okay and that I had a 10 point reduction in one month.   Can someone give me a quick interpretation of this?  Thank you in advance for responses and many thanks to all that post and respond daily. I don't post a lot of questions, but learn so much from reading other's questions and the responses. 

Marilyn

Dx 2/10/12.
Sprycel 100. mg.
10/2015, Pleural effusions, both sides, about a 3-4 week break in Rx, reduced to 70 mg.
PEs, weren't completely gone, started building back up, about a 6-8 week break in Rx.
01/2016, Reduced to sprycel 50 mg.
10/2016, developed severe skin rash, mainly upper arms and upper legs, smaller rashes on lower arms, lower legs, upper back/neck. Rx break of about 6 weeks.
1/25/17, reduced to Sprycel 20 mg.
7/19/17, still at 20 mg Sprycel, undetectable.
11/9/17, 20 mg Sprycel, undetectable.

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:41 PM

Probably the test is a PCR (for BCR-ABL), but it could possibly be a FISH.  No way to know whether the Onc meant a literal 10 points from the previous (example: 43.5 - 10 = 35.5) or a 10-fold drop which is a one log drop (example: 45.5 - 1log = 4.55).  You will need to ask or get a copy.  But any drop is going in the right direction.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users