Photo

Am I the only one that hates the packaging?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 WoofWoof

WoofWoof

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:13 AM

Every Sunday I load my weekly pill container. The Tasigna blister pack is a pain in the neck (or south of there). Am I the only one that wishes they were loose in a pill bottle?

Grrrrrrrr......

I have cancer but it doesn't have me

#2 mariebow

mariebow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:18 PM

lol yes

#3 sdl722

sdl722

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:25 PM

I hate them too.  Half of the time when I push a pill out it gets bent.  One time I tried to open one pack up and the pill completely broke open spilling the insides everywhere.

#4 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

I have heard nothing but complaints about the blister packs.  I like my Sprycel in a bottle!!  I think I remember hearing that in Australia (and maybe the UK) Tasigna comes in a bottle . . .or maybe I just dreamed it.

Marnie

#5 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:29 PM

Gleevec comes in a blister pack in Aus - not sure about Tasigna.  No issues with the blister pack for Gleevec.

#6 pamsouth

pamsouth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

Gerry, where did you hear that from, "In Aug Gleevec comes in a blister pac" ?  Is blister pac suppose to keep Gleevec longer or fresher or what?

PamSouth

PamSouth

#7 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:37 PM

HI Pam,

That's in Australia - we get it in a blister pack. I like it as I can write the day and date over each tablet (using a soft DVD writing pen). I've never missed a pill or worried about whether I've taken it.

#8 Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

Gerry , Tasigna is a capsule where Gleevec is a hard tablet and won't break apart as easy. ironically Tasigna cramped my hands and fingers so bad I had to use a knife to get them out the short time I was on it.

#9 pamsouth

pamsouth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:48 PM

Humm Gerry,

Wonder why you aus get blister pack, but not in the good old USA?

We used to have a neighbor who was from Australia, his lovely parents would come visit ever so often.  I hear it is beautiful over there. A small place, small population.  What is the weather year around like?

Love the accent!

PamSouth

PamSouth

#10 bagdaddi

bagdaddi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:24 PM

I also had trouble bending/breaking the capsules getting them out of the Tasigna blister paks.  Now I use my thumbnail to first break the scores on the back side of the blister.  Flip it over and they push right out now with no damage. 

#11 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:40 PM

Hi Pam,

Not sure what you regard as small, but we would fit inside the US. Definitely a small population compared to the US and Europe, the population is mainly based around our coastline particularly the east coast. We don't tend to vary much in our accent around the country, compared to accents in the States. The weather can range from tropical to something similar to England, depending where you are in the country.

As to why Gleevec comes in a blister pack - not sure, perhaps wherever it is marketed as Glivec it comes in a blister pack, but that is just a guess. 

#12 pamsouth

pamsouth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:52 PM

GerryL,

We had 3 timeshares, gave to my daughter and one to my husbands son and kept a lock out.  We have two weeks for this year, we are not taking.  After we pay our maintenance this Oct we will have another two weeks.  You have two years to take them or you lose them.  So that will give us 4 weeks next year.  I will have to check in our Interval Internations book or online,  to see what lovely timeshare they over there around the coastline.  It would be nice to go for the 4 weeks, even if we had to change resorts once a week.  Hummm I wonder what is the best time of year to go.  I don't know if I could take that long of a plane ride.  Dear God I am praying I don't have to change TKI and go thru all the unknowns.  Been on Gleevec almost 7 years. We did fly to Hawaii one year but that was a very long time.  Long....... cramped flight.  I just took me something to sleep thru most of the flight. It was a full flight so no where to lay down.

PamSouth

PamSouth

#13 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:06 PM

Hi Pam,

Not sure which side of the states you would be flying from. If from the east coast, I'd break the flight up and stay overnight in Hawaii. I'd also try for an aisle seat - I don't sleep on planes, so am better off being able to get up and wander up and down aisles when I need to. I did try a sleeping pill on the way to the west coast but it only gave me a headache. I'd probably only travel here in winter, spring or autumn unless you're used to the heat or traveling to Tasmania. It's worth the trip, just make sure you have a day or two extra to recover from the flights in case you need it.

And with that, I've done enough hijacking of WoofWoof's blister pack thread.

#14 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:44 PM

Hey WW,

If you think that's bad, try opening an immodiom ad blister pack. In a hurry!       Billie

#15 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:50 AM

Any blister pack is a pain in the arse Woof, at least in my opinion.  Billie, I was fighting the Imodium blister pack most of the weekend.  I realize the extra five minutes probably didn't make a difference when opening but I was looking for relief and it was behind a plastic bubble!  Scissors, knife, fingernail clippers, I was grabbing whatever I could find to open the ridiculous packaging and was in range of the throne.     Don't ya love the TKI side effects?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users