• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 idahobeavers

idahobeavers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

has anyone dealt with health problems due to black mold and their cml?

#2 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:14 PM

Here is some information from the Center for Disease control.

http://www.cdc.gov/mold/stachy.htm

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#3 Sneezy12

Sneezy12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:30 PM

Stachybotrys can cause health problems, but has nothing to do with CML. Frank

#4 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

No, but I am worried about what is under our family room roof and wish I could get my dh to do something about it. My dd has a severe mold allergy, has been dx'd with a chronic allergy problem in her esophagus, and sniffs all the time at home. We had an ice dam cause leaks in our family room about a month or two prior to my dx, and after that, we never got back to it. However, now that Em has been dx'd with EE, I'm getting worried about what is up there. I'm too busy getting her to all her doctor appts and just can't deal with contractors now.

I don't recall seeing anything about toxic mold and CML, but I did see stuff about mold and EE.

Traci

#5 Sneezy12

Sneezy12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:21 AM

Generally, if any Mold is sealed off from the environment, and not disturbed, it is not a problem.

As far as I know, there is no relationship between Eosinophilic Esophagitis and Mold allergy per se, but some patients with EE do have other allergies, including to Mold-an association, not a cause. If you have scientific articles to the contrary, please let me know. (One has to be very careful regarding "Mold Allergy", since there are numerous articles on the Internet that have no validity, some even published by M.D.'s.).  Regards, Frank

#6 idahobeavers

idahobeavers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:15 AM

frank i wasnt refering to mold giving u cml. i was just curious if anyone had any knowlodge of mold adding problems to luekemia

#7 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

Frank,

The only thing I've seen is anecdotal evidence from parents, so not a true, scientifically-based cause and effect. Still makes me uncomfortable, though!

Traci

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users