I posted two months back (Month 9)that my pcr had creeped up from the previous 7 month test. I just received results from this Mondays 11 month test. They also did a mutation test.
The good news is I was negative for mutations. The not so good news is my PCR creeped up a hair more. I have my 1 year BMB next month and my Onc wants to wait until then to decide what to do. Im on Gleevac 400 since DX July 1011.
A recap of my PCR's:
3 months 53% International /20% Mayo
6 months 6.1 Int. /2.3 Mayo
7 months 2.9 Int. /1.1 Mayo
9 months 3.7 Int. /1.4 Mayo
11 months 4.5 Int/1.7 Mayo
Should I be looking at increasing dosage/switching drugs? My Onc is good but seems a little re-active, not pro-active. As Ive stated earlier, I have no side effects on gleevac to speak of.
I also asked about the gleevac in blood level test and was told navartis doesn't do that anymore because of issues with food and drug admin.
Any help would be appreciated.