• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 eithne01

eithne01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:43 AM

hi all, has anyone on here switched from glivec to Tasigna and then back to glivec?

#2 janne

janne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:28 AM

Eithne01,

Your private message inbox is full and will not take more messages.

Janne

Dx'd: 8/2008. Started Gleevec 400 mg 11/08. 

Drug break 2011.

Started Tasigna 4/11 450 mg.

Reduction to 300 mg Tasigna 1/2012.

PCRU 9/2012.

12/2012 Detectable.

PCRU 4/2013 through 3/2015. (Reduced to 150 mg 7/2014)

12/2015  ? slightly detectable at probably less than 0.01% per Mayo Clinic.

4/2016 PCRU. Still at 150 mg Tasigna.

CESSATION: stopped treatment 7/20/2017. 

9/6/2017:  barely detectable at 0.01%. 

12/11/2017: PCR at 0.09% (did not do the monthly PCR testing.) 

12/18/2017: Inevitable call from Onc. Started back on Tasigna at 150 mg. (Considering Sprycel low dose.) 

#3 Lisal

Lisal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:49 PM

I switched from Gleevec to Sprycel then back to Gleevec...

#4 pamsouth

pamsouth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:46 AM

Frustrated,  How did that go, switching around on TKI's?  Onc wanting me to switch to another TKI from Gleevec.  Been on Gleevec almost  7 years.  Some people or onc will say, oh you can always switch back to Gleevec.  Also was thinking about Gleevec becoming Generic in 2015.  So I was told if I lost my insurance or something I could switch back to Gleevec, but what might be some of the pitt falls?   My gut tells me that could have some serious complications, for exampl,e when you switch to another drug; could those chemicals from another TKI, cause some changes in your bone marrow or cell structure or perhaps a different or no response or poor response when you go back to Gleevec.  Then going back to Gleevec after being introduced to another CKI. well, perhaps Gleevec may or may not work, or perhaps side effects all over again,  or new side effects.  I don't really know what to ask here, just taking a stab in the dark.  These drugs may have serious long term complications and Gleevec has more history or data then the others.

PamSouth

PamSouth

#5 eithne01

eithne01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:10 AM

Hi there, how did you get on with the switchback?c ould I ask why you did the switch please?

I want to go back from tasigna to Gleevec myself. could I also ask how long you were on Sprycel before you switched back?

#6 Lisal

Lisal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:06 AM

Hi guys,

I've been on Gleevec 5 years.  My onc and I decided to try another TKI because of the fatigue.  She thought either of the other two would be better and left it up to me to choose.  I chose Sprycel.  I was only on for three weeks.  Srpycel didn't agree with me.  I had developed shortness of breath, tightness in my chest and it ended up being a small pleural effusion.  My onc took me off.  She gave me a choice of going back to G or taking Tasigna.  I chose to go back to G.  I've been back on G about three weeks.  I haven't had a PCR test yet.  That will be in about 2 more weeks.  My onc assured me that G will not stop working just because I switched.  I have the same side effects being back on G except the foot cramps haven't really come back.  I hope they don't!  Il'' let you know how my next PCR test turns out.

Lisa

#7 eithne01

eithne01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:15 PM

Hi there,sounds like we are both having next pcr at the same time, hope all goes well for you.

I came off g after two and a half years due mainly to cramping in my legsa nd feet which over time had become totally debilitating,

My onc put me on tasigna 3 months ago and  everything seemed brilliant after week one. en slowly all the pain started coming back within a month i was back where i started but have stayed on tasigna until I go to the onc. just confused now because i never got PCRU with g and i wont know whether ive got it with t until my next results.  I just have extra side effects with the tasigna, nausea especially and my skin is in bad shape from it. that'swhy I want to go back to the Gleevec, but if i get PCRU now i'm totally not knowing where to go .  I really hope the cramps dont come back on you. stay well.

Eithne.

#8 Deodara

Deodara

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:59 AM

Hi, I did it last year, after 4 years on Gleevec I switched to Tasigna during 6 months and went back, have you did it? I think cramps could be managed with adecuated complements

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users