• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mike43147

mike43147

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:12 AM

Received my latest PCR results this morning.  The doctor's message stated I was still positive but the results were too low to quantify.  Anybody know what that means?  My last two results were .00077 in April 2012 and .00044 in March 2012.  Trey any idea what the heck the results mean?  Phil any humor you can provide is always entertaining.

Thanks for the help,

Mike

#2 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:57 AM

It means it's time to do the happy dance and imbibe in whatever form of celebration you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=0W3ZXQqJWH8

Marnie

#3 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:27 AM

Doing the Happy Dance!!!!!!

#4 Rissa

Rissa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:39 PM

Your results look awesome to me!!!

#5 pamsouth

pamsouth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:18 PM

PamM,

Doing Happy Dance with you. 

Really, my hips can still swivel, just not for long. But then I did my physical therapy and massage today, so I am a bit warmed up and limber.

PamSouth

PamSouth

#6 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:16 PM

The result is below the level where the PCR test can be sure the result is actually detectable.  When the result is below a certain level (maybe more than a 5 or 6 log reduction) the results are treated the same as undetectable, or you could call it "barely detectable".  The test result is statistically insignificant and therefore  PCRU or CMR.

#7 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

Mike,

I will add to Trey's comment that the value is within or very close to the detection limit of the instrument. so if the detection limit is 0.001 and your value is 0.001 or 0.002, it could be a real value, or it could be just normal statistical error for the instrument. When values get close to the detection limits, it is hard to quantify them due to the error bars.   Thus, the scientific speak of "too low to quantify".

HTH,

Traci

#8 mike43147

mike43147

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:59 PM

I appreciate everybody's well wishes and replies.  The last 5 years have been hell,especially the last 2.  I can wait until the doctor says you are undetectable, if I ever reach that point.  Thanks again for everything.  Still wish Phil had made one of his witty comments.

Mike

#9 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:15 PM

Hi Mike,

I had a similar result to yours (3 PCRs ago), the next PCR test came back with a negative, hopefully you get the same result.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users