• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:38 PM

Dennyyzb I think the docs think we should just be thankful there is a treatment for CML and guit complaining as many cancers don't have a good outcome. What they don't get is quality outweighs quantity in some cases.

#22 LLsurfer5@gmail.com

LLsurfer5@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:02 PM

I have been on Gleevac for three years now. I get the crushing bone pain in mainly my long bones (legs and arms). It feels like they are in a vice. I too have increased my magnesium as well as B12 and folic acid. It seems to have made the pain weaker (if that makes any sence). I will try the magnesium spray and give that a try. Anything is good to know with the darn side effects of Gleevac

#23 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:25 PM

I have found that excessive sweating (San Antonio heat + walking golf) greatly increases muscle cramps, and that taking extra potassium is the remedy that works best.  I personally think extra potassium is a better remedy than magnesium.  And magnesium increases the sharts (as in Milk of Magnesia laxative). 

Bone pain is a somewhat separate issue related to TKI drugs changing bone mineral metabolism.

#24 Sjenk17214

Sjenk17214

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

My feet and legs cramp really bad whenever I am working in the yard, especially in the Florida heat.  I also cramp around my rib area whenver I turn a certain way or even laugh hard.  Those are the worst.  My doctor has be taking magnesium every day and it has help a little but the cramps are still bad when I am in the heat.  It also seems like the more humid it is outside the worst my cramps get.

#25 Floa7

Floa7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Locationindiana

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:00 PM

My toes cramp so bad they stuck straight up and I could not move them. I would have cramps in the muscle in the back of my legs, I call em Charlie horses, that woke me up at nighttime. I stopped taking the One-a-day vitamin and I have very few Charlie Horses, now.

1 2012 CML detected Started Gleevec 400 mg

In nov 2014 my pcr started to rise by Feb I stopped Gleevec and went onto

2 2015 Tasigna 600 mg/day

I have been PCRU for 2 years and stopped Tasigna 4 7 2017

5 8 2017 results 0.008

5 30 2017 results 0.028 

6 30 2017 results 0.3, I have restarted the Tasigna because it went above 0.1 

My son

11 2011 CML detected Started Gleevec 400 mg

He went 2 1/2 years on gleevec and lost PCRU

Started Sprycel went PCRU for 2 years and stopped the Sprycel, went back for 3 month checkup and PCR was 8.0

He went back onto Sprycel and now is PCRU again

3 16 2017 results 0.008

6 1 2017 results 0.002

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users