2 replies to this topic

#1 TeddyB

TeddyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:33 AM

Okay, now im terrified, a few of the lymph nodes in my groin have started to swell up. The right side abit worse than the left side. (Been going on a little over a week, but lately its become a bit painful and tender, especially after walking 30 minute walks) I cannot feel any lymph node activity anywhere else on my body.

I do sometimes get a bit of pain from my right leg when walking, but nothing major.

I called the hospital, and they said it was probably because of the rash on my inner thighs near the groin area or could even be stress related.

Nevertheless, my 5 week checkup was rescheduled from wednesday to monday (tomorrow)

Been on 400mg gleevec for a little over a month now, and been having some rash issues the last weeks all over my body including legs, so im realy hoping its related to that.

I did not have any swollen lymph nodes on dx, been responding well to gleevec, spleen and wbc reduced.

Anyone else experienced anything similar or know anything that might explain this?

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

Groin lymph nodes generally drain lymph from the legs and low abdomen, so if they are the only ones enlarged it tends to show an issue with those areas.  The rash is one possibility, or possibly a reaction to some other Gleevec side effect.  It is less likely an indicator of something bad related to the CML. 

#3 TeddyB

TeddyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:29 PM

Thanks Trey, really appreciate your input.

Going to bed now and hoping for some good news tomorrow

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users