• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JamiePires

JamiePires

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:27 AM

Jetting off from Florida to Massachusetts a week from today for the Living Well with CML Summit in Newton, MA on Saturday, May 19th! If you are a CML patient or caregiver in Massachusetts I highly recommend this event to you! Meeting others who are living with CML, learning from experts on how to manage life with this disease, and learning about all of the work being done for the future is priceless! I will be representing the National CML Society and would love to meet YOU! Please join us! More information at www.nationalcmlsociety.org

#2 CathyS

CathyS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:33 PM

My husband and I will both be attending. I am looking forward to hearing the experts and meeting others who are living with CML.

We live in Rochester New York and are driving over to Boston on Friday for the weekend. I hesitated about the drive for a four hour conference my husband encouraged me to make the plans. He is such a great support for me, so what the heck we might as well enjoy a weekend away.

Hope to meet others......

CathyS

#3 PhoenixPat

PhoenixPat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:26 PM

Good for you Cathy, and I would encourage others to go as well. I represented The National CML Society at the summit in Santa Clara, California last month. One patient came all the way from Tucson, Arizona with her husband, and they brought their daughter with them, a college student in California, and made it a family learning experience and a great weekend in wine country too. :-)

Attendees said the information provided by the CML experts - a physician, nurse practitioner and social worker - was very helpful, and the majority of attendees said that this was the very first time they had ever met another person with CML, including one patient diagnosed back in 2005. It was gratifying to meet everyone, see how well they are doing,  learn from the questions they asked and connect with them. In addition to Boston there are summits coming up in Dallas and Portland, there's more info on the NCMLS website.

#4 JamiePires

JamiePires

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:24 PM

I look forward to meeting you there, Cathy!  So glad you and your husband decided to make the trip, and so worth it!  This is my third CML Summit and each time I learn something new.  The most comforting thing is to meet others with CML and to share stories. I was diagnosed in April of 2001 and am doing fine on Gleevec.  I am hoping there will be many of us in Newton.  Please be sure to find me, I'll be your host for the day

Jamie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users