Photo

I want a tattoo and does anyone have Lupus and CML?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sferrazza

sferrazza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:48 PM

Hi CMLers

I want to get a tattoo, crazy I know but just feel the need.  Our we allowed with cml? 

I am wondering if anyone has Lupus as well as cml.  I have been displaying symptoms and have an appointment  to see a Rhuemotologist in June.

Thanks

Susan

#2 simone4

simone4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

Well, my PCP did blood work yesterday to rule out Lupus.  I am having those symptoms

with Gleevec. I do not need another disease.

Regarding tattoo, last thing on my list.  I'm just sick of needles.

Aren't you?

Simone

#3 mariebow

mariebow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:56 PM

I AM too simone4

#4 Rissa

Rissa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:18 PM

I got a new tattoo about 4 months after starting gleevec.  Talk to your doctor about it first.  When I saw my doc in April he said  I could go ahead and get my tattoo.  I told him I did it months ago.  :-) Still, talk to your doctor first.  I keep meaning to post a picture of it...

#5 Teresabourgeois

Teresabourgeois

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

Yes, I have lupus.  I've had it since 2006 and got DX with CML in 2011.  Most recently I was DX with mixed connective tissue disorder.  Which is a blend of 3 autoimmune diseases.  It's difficult to treat with Sprycel.  I'm hoping you don't have it.  I know when I first started on Sprycel that it made me feel like my lupus was flaring.  It's also hard to DX lupus.  A rheumy is the best place to go.  Good luck

#6 Rissa

Rissa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:34 PM

Here's my tattoo I originally got in August.  The orange sun was supposed to be a harvest moon.  I wasn't happy with it.

IMG_2450.jpg

Then I got it fixed in October.  I went to a different tattoo shop and they did what they could with it.

owl.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users