• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mariebow

mariebow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:32 PM

I was diagnosed in Feb of this year with CML and I have taken the meds about a month and a half, had to skip a week due to muscle and bone pain and then put on half the regular dose of 600mg of Tasigna to 300mg of Tasigna.  I go for my next check up tomorrow.  what are some good questions to ask about my treatment.

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:32 PM

Early visits such as this one should focus on what the test results are showing.  But you probably only have CBC test results during the period since the diagnostic tests were done.  Unless you already had a blood draw in the past couple weeks in preparation for this visit, you should make sure the Onc orders blood draws for FISH or PCR and Complete Metabolic Panel (CMP) tests.  The FISH/PCR test results will show how well you are doing regarding drug response, and the CMP will show a lot of information about how your body is handling the CML and drug (liver, kidneys, metabolites, etc).

#3 Johnc

Johnc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:34 PM

Mariebow

Although not an expert and recently new here I would ask

Ask about your WBC count as well as other key blood measurements like rbi and platelets to name a few.

Ask about whether you on track with the amount of time on medicine relative to the different blood count parameters

There are some smart folks on this that will hopefully help you out

Best of Luck tomorrow,

Johnc

#4 mariebow

mariebow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:01 PM

Thanks Trey I will write that down

#5 mariebow

mariebow