• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Johnc

Johnc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:46 AM

I have been on Gleevecs for three weeks and normally travel but put off plans in my first two weeks of starting Gleevecs. I have a few side effects especially first 5 hours after I take pill.

Anyone see any downside to this that you would like to share?

Johnc

#2 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:37 PM

Hi John:  I guess it depends on what your side effects are.  There are no restrictions to flying in general.  You could always schedule your flights around the time your feeling better, or change the time of taking your Gleevec.  A lot of people take their Gleevec after their dinner,so that by the time they have any side effects they are already in bed for the night.  Everyone is different in what they experience, and they just work around it.  I hope this is a bit helpful to you.

#3 NotJack?

NotJack?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

Hey Johnc,

I would keep an eye on your ANC also at this stage, as your count can drop to levels that put you at risk of infection as your leukemic cells are cleaned out--especially in an aluminum tube.   It takes a while for your good cells to build back up. I had to take a flight home at less than 1K, it turned out ok, but my onc was nervous for me.  Take care, Jack

Jack

#4 Johnc

Johnc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

Thanks Susan and Jack

My thoughts as well wanted to confirm, I plan to wait until I get past my three months and evaluate.

Thanks for your quick replies

John

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users