#1 ChrisC

ChrisC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

Hi everyone,

I just finished taking another survey re a new CML treatment with John Gram, for which I'll be paid.

It requires that you have failed or been intolerant to two or more TKIs (they accepted me even though I had been on only two TKIs).

He said that they still need one more person to participate. If accepted, you will also will be compensated.

If you are interested and can participate tomorrow, then please contact him:

John Gram at J.T. Gram & Associates, Inc.

Phone:  (760) 842-1895

Email:  john.gram@jtgram.com

Please mention my name as your referral, thanks.

ChrisC

Be alert, but not overly concerned.

• Dx Oct. 22, 2008, WBC 459k, in ICU for 2 days + in hospital 1 week

• Leukapheresis for 1 week, to reduce WBC (wasn't given Hydroxyurea)

• Oct. 28, 2008: CML confirmed, start Gleevec 400mg

• Oct. 31, 2008: sent home when WBC reached 121k

• On/off, reduced dose Gleevec for 7 months

• April 2009: Started Sprycel 100mg

• Sept. 2009: PCRU 0.000

• Sept. 2011: after 2 years steady PCRU & taking Sprycel 100mg before bed, quit Sprycel (with permission)

• Currently: still steady PCRU, testing every 6 months 🤗

— Fatigue, hearing loss continue, alas, but I prefer to think it is all getting better!

#2 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:13 PM

Already did it, and already got the check.  It's been interesting to participate in their markenting study.  I had no idea what was involved in the marketing arena.

Marnie

#3 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:49 PM

Hi Chris,

I've often wondered what these marketing surveys consist of, since there are only 3 tkis available to us, and they either work or they don't, it's really to soon for any competition between drug companies isn't it? Is there any difference between a survey,and a study? I just told Marnie yesterday that we need a tki hotline, to report the effects these drugs do to our bodies. Our oncs treat the disease,and they do it very well, but what about all the annoying side-effects we have to put up with like thinning hair,rashes,our eyesight is definitely affected, our hair turns white within a few months. Our eyebrows get curly, just a lot of some really dumb stuff, that means nothing as long as our cml is under control. I just wondered if someone is interested in knowing all these things. After all we are the pioneers!  Just a thought,  Sincerely Billie

#4 ChrisC

ChrisC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:19 AM

Billie, hi

As Marnie mentioned, it's really interesting to get a glimpse of what is involved in marketing these things. This one is very much to our advantage, so if you're interested, and qualify, then please contact John Gram.

This isn't a study, it is a survey of what we as CML patients think and feel in relation to what they are marketing, what's coming down the pike, so that OUR issues are known and can be included in it all, instead of just the research side and the oncs focus.

This is very much an opportunity to say what you and many of us indeed are wanting to have heard!

Someone, quick, hop like a bunny and be part of this, for all of us. : )

ChrisC

Be alert, but not overly concerned.

• Dx Oct. 22, 2008, WBC 459k, in ICU for 2 days + in hospital 1 week

• Leukapheresis for 1 week, to reduce WBC (wasn't given Hydroxyurea)

• Oct. 28, 2008: CML confirmed, start Gleevec 400mg

• Oct. 31, 2008: sent home when WBC reached 121k

• On/off, reduced dose Gleevec for 7 months

• April 2009: Started Sprycel 100mg

• Sept. 2009: PCRU 0.000

• Sept. 2011: after 2 years steady PCRU & taking Sprycel 100mg before bed, quit Sprycel (with permission)

• Currently: still steady PCRU, testing every 6 months 🤗

— Fatigue, hearing loss continue, alas, but I prefer to think it is all getting better!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users