• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BPilgrim

BPilgrim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

Does anyone know what a Metabolite Level of  239 ng/ml means on a Gleevec Blood Level test?

My Gleevec Level was 1260 ng/ml on the same test.

Thanks.

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

Your Gleevec level is OK.  You would need to ask what standard is used, but I believe the metabolite levels are usually about 20 - 25% of the total Gleevec level, so yours seems fine.

Gleevec (Imatinib Mesylate) is the name for the whole "drug", although it is the metabolite that usually does the actual work.  The Gleevec gets into the blood but then the liver breaks it down into a primary metabolite called CGP74588.  The metabolite has a somewhat longer half life than the full drug (maybe 10% longer). 

Here is an article by the GIST group about the issue:

http://www.liferaftg...ec is best.html

#3 pamsouth

pamsouth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

Why would you have a Gleevec level test for metabolic? I am in the dark here, never heard of it and not sure I understand it.

Never mind I see Trey posted a link, Thanks.

PamSouth

PamSouth

#4 BPilgrim

BPilgrim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:33 AM

Thanks.  I was hoping the results would offer me a clearer path to dosage reduction, but the numbers aren't that far off from the 1000 ng/ml target.  Did you know your levels before your reduced your dosage?  Or did you base it on other factors?

#5 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:46 AM

I never had a blood level test.  I based my dose reduction (after 3 years PCRU) on the fact that I was a very quick responder.  I think that tells the story better than anything else.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users