• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bayclub

bayclub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

Having been diagnosed in Aug. 2011, I was put on Tasigna 300 mg 2x daily.  I have some difficulty with the fasting aspect, whih leave me quite hungry at time.  I had some and still do extreme skin dryness but all in all, Tasigna is working for me.  Although my blood results are now normal, I'm striving toward a lesser doseage.  My last visit with the doctor was hopeful in that I have achieve a complete moleculr remission.  Hopefully I'll be able to sustain myself.  Any comments?

#2 WoofWoof

WoofWoof

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

Hi bayclub- I started Tasigna @ 800mg/day and was  lowered to the same dosage as you. I've bounced around a bit on my BCR/ABL but not enough to worry about & my last test I was 0.00% I do get rashes due to photosensitivity from the Tasigna but struggle along with it. I try to follow the fasting as much as possible but do cheat quite often without any side effects.

Keep up the fight!

I have cancer but it doesn't have me

#3 KerriD

KerriD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

Hi Bayclub,

I was also diagnosed in 8/2011 and on the same tasigna dose and I am CMR as well.  CML Twins ;-)!!

I try to fast but I have cheated quite often....usually because I forget what time it is because my worst side effect these days is chemo brain forgetfulness. Other side effects for me are hairloss (my hair is much thinner and havent had to shave my legs for about 5 months now)  Fatigue ( I am a single mom of 2 boys ages 10 &13 and I work fulltime , i generally take a 15-30 min nap after work  that gets me through my second shift ie dinner, homework , music lessons etc)  All in all things are good

Kerri

#4 mariebow

mariebow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:51 PM

My hair has also gotten so thin.  and I have trouble sometimes remembering to take my tasigna

#5 chriskuo

chriskuo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:00 AM

I set an alarm on my cell phone.

#6 mariebow

mariebow

• Members
  • PipPip