Marnie and Me

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

Last night before I went to bed I watered the only plant I have that I haven't murdered, I sat it in the sink and watered it with my sink hose, like I always do. The plants about 2 feet tall and I always spray the leaves too, I don't know how it hapened but as I was spraying the leaves I somehow turned the hose on myself, I was soaked hair,face,nightgown. Not a drop of water on the floor.

As I was drying myself off I had a revalation, Marnie is an adventuress woman who loves to do death defying sports.(Plus she teaches middle school math) that's a death defying act in itself.  I turn the hose on myself at midnight,which is no big deal considering all the goofy things that I've accidentally done in my life. But as I thought about it we can call Marnie XENA warrior princess and call me Lucille Ball it just seems so appropriate..

We could lighten things up by making this post about goofy things that we've done while we were'nt paying attention,or when our brain fog is in full gear. Last Friday I made out my shopping list for Easter dinner, I thought it was Good Friday and I was planning on cooking our Easter dinner 2 days ago.                                                                Love Billie

#2 Judy2

Judy2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

Hi Billie, good idea.                                                          

Chicken and Me

O.K. so here goes. First let me say my eyesight isn't that great and I don't wear my glasses while I'm out. I decided to go to Kentucky Fried Chicken, now I only go about once every 10 years (can't stand their greasy chicken).There is a small Kentucky Fried Chicken Place near where I live and it is never very crowded. I walked in and noticed there was a long line so I thought, o.k. business has picked up. I patiently waited in line eyeing the chicken in the glass case. The line moved but slowly, I finally made it to the head of the line after about 15 minutes and  noticed a sign advertising lattes. Lattes, I thought,  in Kentucky Fried Chicken, this is weird. Turns out I was waiting in Dunkin Donuts the whole  time and the chicken breasts that I thought I saw in the glass case were donuts. I  should add I've lived in the same town my whole life. I can't even blame this on brain fog from Sprycel, this happened to me years ago.

Judy

#3 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:48 PM

Hopefully I have not already shared this story, don't feel like a review of my stuff.

About a month ago, it was a nice day, snow on the ground, but about 35 degrees, warm enough for me to venture out on the porch to shake rugs and not wear shoes (I wear flip flops in the middle of winter with 3 ft of snow), the new house has this lovely lock on the door, the inside handle turns, even though the door is locked.  Well most people instinctively turn the inside handle, assume (that assume word gets me every time) the door is not locked and continue on their way.  I went out on the porch, no shoes, capris, t shirt, and about half way across the deck I hear the door close behind me.  The pup jumped up on the door from the inside and her weight automatically closed the door.  I am now outside, after shaking the rugs, I head back in the house only to find the door was locked.  The dogs are all (7 of them) wagging tails and looking at me wondering why in the heck I am not opening the door.  I have not registered it really is pretty chilly out the sun is warm, but the air is cold and the snow that has not melted is pretty chilly also.  As I am standing there looking in the door, the pup, she was about 6 months old then, decided it was time for a potty trip.  Puppies have little patience with fooling around, they have to pee, they want out, you get off your arse and get to the door or you are going to clean up some form of puppy waste.  Of course I cannot open the door, it is locked.  I had a brainstorm, the lady who owned the house had cautioned us several times about that lock, but also noted she had locked herself out more than once using a similar method I had, although I do believe the dog closing the door in mine is unique.  She stated it was easy to break in, use a credit card or something slim and you are in.  So I make my way to the garage through the snow, no shoes remember?  go in the garage and root around for something that was close to the size and thickness of credit card.  Low and behold I find a piece of metal very close to my requirements, so I head back to the porch.  By this time the pup had waited long enough, she did give me one more warning, she jumped up on the inside of the door crying, (wasn't that how this all started) and then while I watched through the window she pottied on the floor of the laundry room (new carpet, of course).  I can do nothing about the pee, so I go back to getting inside.  The dogs were helpful, they kept encouraging me (or laughing at my fate) not sure which, and they all sat and watched while I tried to break into the house.  After several minutes of trying the 'easy way' with the piece of metal I believe frustration was setting in, but regardless I pushed a bit too hard and not only broke the metal piece off, I also lost the rest of it in the door jam.  Back to square one.  I tried several problem solving techniques, none worked, by now my feet are blue, my hands are freezing and the sun was going down so what little warmth I had was quickly disappearing.  On this deck that is against the house are three windows.  Three windows, just had to repeat that.  About ready to give up and go to the neighbors until my husband came home, I tried the first one, locked, tried the second one, locked, found a stick (this one is higher) and tried it, darn it all if it did not open.  I was in!  Well kind of, the stick was, and I could get my hand in if I reached high enough.  Ok progress, now to find something to stand on.  I drug our oversized picnic table to the window, it might work.  First rule, do not stand on a picnic table that has attached seats even if it takes 4 people to move it because it is heavy, it will tip over.  I did not fall, but I would not have made the first cut in dancing with the stars.  Plan B, or is it H, I forget.  I turned the picnic table around (we will discuss another time the fight that ensued when my husband saw the grooves in the deck from me dragging the table across the decking boards) and leaned it up against the house.  Not only was it stable it was higher!  I climbed up again, only can imagine the site thank goodness we moved to the country where the neighbors cannot usually see my antics, and proceeded to crawl through the window.  The drop was not bad, about 6 ft.  but between the floor and the window were a lovely set of coat hooks I had installed a few days before for my extra hangers and hang up clothes that need to be taken upstairs or ironed.  I am halfway through the window, trying to figure out worse case scenario, what and how I would fall, what body parts would probably end up fastened to these wonderful coat hooks, and how long I would have to lay there before someone came home to find me.  I chickened out.  So, I went to the woods, found a stick that would beat off a grizzly bear, climbed back up to my perch on the table and proceeded to open each window with that stick, patience and strategic placement of the stick would slide each of the two locks on the windows to the open position.  When I got the next window open, I only had one more to get to the one beside the door, a few more minutes and success.  I was once again in the house, by now the dogs were bored with my trials, no one even came over to say hello.  My husband swears these things only happen to me, and if something is going to happen, I will be involved.  Of course I swore I would tell no one, but you cannot trust my dogs to keep a secret, so by the evening the entire family knew.  That is my latest and greatest adventure, but I am fairly sure I will have another right around the corner.  I do dumb things, even while I a doing them I know they are dumb, does that stop me, no, doesn't even slow me down. 

#4 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

Judy,

Donuts are better than KFC any day.

#5 Judy2

Judy2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:56 PM

Pam, great story, now GET TO BED, it's midnight.

Judy

#6 janne

janne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

Very funny stories.....you guys make me laugh out loud...good one !

Dx'd: 8/2008. Started Gleevec 400 mg 11/08. 

Drug break 2011.

Started Tasigna 4/11 450 mg.

Reduction to 300 mg Tasigna 1/2012.

PCRU 9/2012.

12/2012 Detectable.

PCRU 4/2013 through 3/2015. (Reduced to 150 mg 7/2014)

12/2015  ? slightly detectable at probably less than 0.01% per Mayo Clinic.

4/2016 PCRU. Still at 150 mg Tasigna.

CESSATION: stopped treatment 7/20/2017. 

9/6/2017:  barely detectable at 0.01%. 

12/11/2017: PCR at 0.09% (did not do the monthly PCR testing.) 

12/18/2017: Inevitable call from Onc. Started back on Tasigna at 150 mg. (Considering Sprycel low dose.) 

#7 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

Judy& Pam,

That was too funny, so Judy did you settle for doughnuts,or smell your way to kfc? Pam I would expect no less from you,you're starting to remind me of me and that's scary 2 of us on the same planet. I can't remember why,but I have 2 spare house keys hidden outside,.now I just have to remember where they are Ron keeps moving them.

#8 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

Great idea and great stories all!  I am stuck in hospital with dd, waiting for paperwork to get her sprung, and really appreciated the laughs! 

Pam, I have my own getti g locked out stories, but none quite as colorful as yours!  Will share later when I can type properly. Hard to do on phone.

Traci

#9 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

Judy2. . .your story had me laughing out loud!  That is too funny! 

Pam. . .your story brought back a vivid memory. . .

I came home from school one winter day and realized that I didn't have my house key.  "Oh well,"  I thought,  "I'll just go sit in the hot tub until the husband comes home."  Went around through the side gate, stripped down, and got in the tub.  Keep in mind. . .no towel. ..  wet body and good clothes hanging on the hooks. . . house locked. . .no key.  The neighbor kids then decided to climb the tree that is next to the fence between our yards.  Oh, darn. .  Now I'm really stuck in the tub and can't get out. . .I'm naked, and a school teacher, and school-aged kids goggling down at me!  Thankfully, the kids finally went inside after a half hour or so.  I keep thinking, "Hubby should be home any time now. . .I'm getting a little overcooked, and I'd sure like to get out of the tub and into the house.  Dang!!  Why did I leave my keys in the house this morning!!"  Of course, as you've probably already figured out, hubby decided to stay and work late.  Finally 3 hours later, he comes home.  I see him in the house walking around looking for me.  Eventually he opens up the back door.  I complain a bit to him that I've been in the hot tub FOREVER.. .why did he take so long to get home!!???!!  His reply to me. . ."Well, Marnie. . .the back door was unlocked.  You could have come in any time you wanted!"  Never been so shriveled in my life.  I had wrinkles on top of wrinkles!

#10 pamsouth

pamsouth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

Marnie,

Got a good belly laugh out of that one.  Chuckle, chuckle. 

Love it "well, Marnie... the back door was unlocked.  You could have come in any thime you wanted."

I couldn't  top that one, so funny,

PamSouth

PamSouth

#11 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

Marnie,

I can't even type, I am just LOL!  My first thought was, oh so jealous, she has a hot tub then, oh my, local tabloid, naked school teacher flashes students, then hot tub overload, and finally 'The Back Door Was Unlocked!'  uncontrollable fits of laughter!!!!!

#12 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

Billie I think Judy ate a donut on the way to KFC.  2 spare house keys hidden outside!, my husband tried doing that at the old house,  we had decorative rock about baseball size around the porch so he chose one and hid a key there, (I was unaware) there are reasons for this, I would then feel safe, lock myself out, use the key taken it inside and then a few weeks later repeat the process with hidden key inside on key rack, the man thinks ahead.  Anyway, I started spring planting and moved the rocks all around, if memory serves that was three years ago and when we moved out he had still not found the hidden key.  He swears he cannot win.

#13 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

No more hot tub.  Last summer we took a sledgehammer to it.  Talk about a project that turned out to be bigger than we thought!  Took 2 whole days to sledgehammer the thing into pieces we could load onto the trailer.  The fun part was throwing the chunks over the side of the landfill and watching the gargantuan crusher-mobile mash everything to bits.  Wouldn't that be a fun job, driving that humongo beast over stuff all day.  The wheels and tread were easily twice as high as me!  It rolled to within a couple of feet of me and that was a little nervewracking.  Dang!  I would have been no more than a bug splat if he had accidentally run me over!

#14 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

Oh Traci,

I am sorry you are at hospital, but hopefully that paperwork came shortly after you posted.  I can't wait for your lock out stories, next one I might share is the

tenminutestoclosingpajamagrocerystoretripformilklockthekeysinthecarwhileitwasstillrunningevent   

#15 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

Hmmm. . maybe I should tell the lockthekeysinthecarwhensnowstormcomesandschoolisletoutearlyeveryonegoeshomeincludingthecustodiansandIhavetocrawlunderthecarinthesnowinadresstofindthehideakeythatIcannotfind.

#16 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

Oh Marnie,

You just got me in trouble,when I was reading about your adventure I started laughing, and Ron is sleeping on the couch, the more I read the harder I laughed, that woke grumpy up,he grabbed Annie and went to bed.

You are just too much, I think I know you well enough,that I feel like you are always a person who prides herself in always being in control of herself, your students probably think that you wake up with perfectly coiffured hair,your makeup is al'natural and your very stylish wardrobe doesn't even know what a wrinkle is. And you ride a motorcycle to school,without getting helmet hair.

That is my image of you,so to picture your dilemma,made it even funnier. How long was it before you could laugh about it? And poor Tom comes home from a long hard day at work, expecting a nice hot meal,instead he finds a furious naked wrinkled wife who had been googled!

#17 Judy2

Judy2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

Hi Everyone,

First, Traci, I hope your dd is alright, please let us know.

As for the rest of you guys, you are too funny. Billie, you had a great idea with this topic, nice to  laugh and not think of CML. As for the donuts/chicken Pam is right, I had both. Would you expect anything less from a person who stopped for honey dipped munchkins on the way to the emergency room even though I was told  I was in renal failure?

Judy

#18 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

What the heck is a honey dipped munchkin???  It's gotta be good if you stopped there before hitting the emergency room!

#19 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

I thought a Munchkin was a little person who lived in munchkin land, in Oz.

#20 Judy2

Judy2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

Marnie, You have never heard of a honey dipped munchkin?  Where do you live? I am amazed and stunned. I think I am more stunned then when I was  told I had CML. Munchkins come in all different varieties, the honey dipped ones are the holes, well the donuts that came out of the holes, from the honey dipped donuts. You can get them at Dunkin Donuts. I feel so bad that you have been living a deprived life, never having had a munchkin. Do you have Dunkin Donuts near you? Has anyone else out there not heard of munchkins? 

Judy

P.S. I'm waiting for Pam or Billie to come up with a "Wizard of Oz" joke.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users