Ugh! My hair is falling out!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:03 PM

Hi Kim,

I've had problems with hair loss off and on in the last 5 years since my dx. High doses of B12 help I take 1000mg a day, but I checked with my onc first. I'm on Sprycel my dose was just lowered to 50 mg in June. I have a problem with anemia & low iron, and that causes hair loss. There is a special test they have to do to see if your iron level is low. I had iron infusions last year. Right now i'm taking iron pills. I get my next bw done in sept. to see how much my iron level has come up. My hair seems like it's not falling out as much.  Good Luck Billie

#22 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:45 PM

HI Kim:  Glad you found us also.  We have a great support team here, and we talk about all kinds of problems.  I was never on Tasigna.  I have been on Gleevec since Oct of 2000, and I had hair loss in the beginning.  Then it just got back on track.  I wear my hair short, but I have plenty of it with no more fall out.  Just ask us anything.  Somebody always can share with you because most likely they had a similar experience.  Your doing very well with your counts, and hope you are feeling good besides the hair loss.

Take Care

Susan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users