Jump to content


Appointment isn't until May 4th should I have a CBC before this?

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 luvmybees24


    New Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:38 PM

It's me, full of questions! I have an appt with Dr. Talpaz at U of M on May 4th and I have an appt with my oncologist on April 13th. I am going to cancel my onc appt until I see Dr. Talpaz. I had my PCR drawn on 2/20/12 and I had a CBC and liver kidney function test on March 20. Can I wait until I see Dr. Talpaz to get more tests or should I go see my general Dr. around April 20th or so and have him order me the WBC and kidney functions? My PCR was 0.042%.and my WBC and kidney/liver tests were normal.

Once you hit MMR (which I believe I am with the 3 log reduction) do you just get PCR's every 3 months or do you continue to have the WBC and liver/kidney ones?

Any advice? Sorry I'm still kinda new to this so I may ask questions that seem "dumb" but ya can't blame me.


#2 jjg


    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:55 PM

Hi Laura,

Not even close to a dumb question!!!

When I was at your point I was having 3 monthly PCRs and monthly bloods - CBC (complete blood count i.e. WBC etc) and liver function (think it is call a metabolic panel). At either 6 or 9 months she also tested folate, iron studies and thyroid.


Dx Dec 2010 @37

2x IVF egg collection

Glivec 600 & 800mg

PCRU March 2012

Unsuccessful pregnancy attempt - relapsed, 3 months interferon (intron A), bad side effects from interferon

Nilotinib 600mg Oct 2012

PCRU April 2013, 2 years MR4.5 mostly PCRU with a few blips

April 2015 stopped again for pregnancy attempt (donor egg), pregnant first transfer, 0.110 at 10wks, 2.1 at 14wks, 4.2 at 16wks, started interferon, slow dose increase to 25MIU per wk, at full dose PCR< 1 for remainder of pregnancy

Healthy baby girl Jan 2016, breastfed one month

Nilotinib 600mg Feb 2016

MMR May 2016

PCRU Feb 2017

#3 GerryL


    New Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:19 AM

In Australia once you're MMR you have six monthly PCRs which includes CBC and metabolic panel. Our health system deems that we have reached a "safe" level at MMR and will only require six monthly monitoring, this would more than likely change if we slipped backwards.

#4 Happycat


    New Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:39 AM

So waiting until you see Dr. T is an extra 2 wks or so for a CBC?  I'd probably wait, but I'd base it on how I was feeling. Why are you canceling April 13 appt?  Is it difficult to go, an insurance issue? 


1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users