Photo

How many myeloblasts did everyone have at diagnosis?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 luvmybees24

luvmybees24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:12 PM

As I learn more and more, I am looking at my blood tests and actually understanding them. My marrow report said I had 1% myeloblasts at diagnosis. I guess that's pretty good!

#2 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:38 PM

Hi, Laura,

Yes, anything under 5% puts us squarely in Chronic phase. Good for you - learning that stuff so early! It took me a few months before I could actually read something about this disease without hyperventilating!

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#3 luvmybees24

luvmybees24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

Once my oncologist got my blood results after 1 month on Tasigna and told me he was certain I would do just fine, I relaxed. I never really flipped out too much when I was first dx. I was more intersted in getting the hell out of the hospital. They came in to tell me I had CML and could go home and all I said was "GO HOME?! OK! BYE! Oh, yea..CML leukemia...that's the good kind, right?" lol. I was in the hospital for 4 days scaring myself all over google and had decided if i was gonna get anything it best be CML and it was.

#4 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:28 PM

No blasts here, but an awful lot of promyelocytes, the next one up in the cell line. I had so many, they at first thought I had APML. Now they think it might have been due to a cortisone shot I had a few wks before.  All I know is that it's a teaching hospital, so I had all kinds of budding docs wandering in to ask me questions. Happy to help, and glad I could play "stump the docs" for a little bit, but ONLY for a little bit! 

Traci

#5 Lizzybee

Lizzybee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:53 PM

I'm at work and my lab reports are at home, but I'm pretty sure I had less than 1% blasts at diagnosis, but 99% leukemic per FISH.

#6 ChrisC

ChrisC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

Just checked my old reports. One said it was 4% blasts, and another said 5% blasts; 199/200 FISH. It has turned out okay over time : )

Best thing is to be absolutely regular in taking your TKI.

ChrisC

Be alert, but not overly concerned.

• Dx Oct. 22, 2008, WBC 459k, in ICU for 2 days + in hospital 1 week

• Leukapheresis for 1 week, to reduce WBC (wasn't given Hydroxyurea)

• Oct. 28, 2008: CML confirmed, start Gleevec 400mg

• Oct. 31, 2008: sent home when WBC reached 121k

• On/off, reduced dose Gleevec for 7 months

• April 2009: Started Sprycel 100mg

• Sept. 2009: PCRU 0.000

• Sept. 2011: after 2 years steady PCRU & taking Sprycel 100mg before bed, quit Sprycel (with permission)

• Currently: still steady PCRU, testing every 6 months 🤗

— Fatigue, hearing loss continue, alas, but I prefer to think it is all getting better!

#7 luvmybees24

luvmybees24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

I was never good at taking pills but in the 4 mths I have been on Tasigna I think I've only missed 5 doses. May seem like a lot, but for me it's amazing I can remember to take them twice a day, especially with the fast and all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users