#21 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

Hi Traci:  Your not a skunk LOL!!  Your expressing how you react to your feelings on the whole idea of being diagnosed with CML.  We cannot all feel the same way.  Your right about how depressing it was to get that news.  I always say you will never forget that day as long as you live, especially back in 1998 when you knew nobody was surviving for any length of time.  I was in bad shape and denial of the whole thing, and then found out that my sister and brother were  a match for each other but not for me.  I guess I just kept singing I Will Survive along with my faith in God to get me through.  

Now I think we should all celebrate what all these great doctors have discovered in the past 13 years, and how many lives they are saving.

I am anxious to see your post in another 15 years on how you survived it all.

I did not realize that it is not even a year yet for you, till I read your post.  Your always so supportive in every way.

#22 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:25 PM

You'd only have to lip sync. I figure our Aussie men and English men love any chance to frock up. Think pantomime and early Shakespeare plays.

#23 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:43 PM

Hi Phil,

I think you nailed it, good choice, great dance songs!

How have you been? Doing great I hope. We're having an early spring, so everybody is smiling. Tell your lovely wife and children I said Greetings from the U.S!

Sincerely Billie

#24 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:35 AM

Phil,

Gerry is a 46,XX

#25 PhilB

PhilB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:24 PM

Oops, sorry Gerry!  Strangely enough that's my bra size too...

#26 andyirl

andyirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

Some tunes for the party playlist;

I Get Knocked Down  by Chumbawumba

Don't stop me now by Queen

Beat It by Michael Jackson

And my personal fav .....

I'm Still Standing by Elton John

#27 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:46 PM

Thanks Trey,

I put it down to Phil using some form of "old English" that we colonials had long since abandoned.

#28 PhilB

PhilB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:09 AM

Love those suggestions Donald. 

How about 'Everybody Hurts' by REM as a slow smoochie for the end of the party?  One thing this site is really good for is letting you know that 'No, no, no you're not alone'.  And as a special request for anyone about to have a Bone Marrow biopsy 'The needle and the damage done' by Neil Young

Happycat, my wife was with you in not being able to imagine anyone wanting to celebrate the anniversary of dx - until I explained that you're not celebrating the dx, you're celebrating having survived for another year in spite of all this crappy disease could throw at you.  Cue 'The Eye of the Tiger' and exit stage left shadow boxing, bobbing and weaving.

#29 CMLSurvivor

CMLSurvivor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:00 AM

That skunk who doused my dog and house and caused my migrane's. No way!!! That is the one animal never allowed back. Whenever I smell one that has been hit on the road it sets off migrane's. I never had one up until that skunk incidient at our house. It took a month just to get all the smell out of the house and about 3 months before our dog was allowed back in.

#30 NotJack?

NotJack?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

Good choice!!

Jack

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users