• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 luvmybees24

luvmybees24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:12 PM

I feel bad complaining when so many people are going through things much worse than I am. I just hate this stupid leukemia and I worry every day I may get worse and end up dying from this. Even tho I am doing great. It's just scary to know you have a lifelong cancer when you are only 35 years old and are facing a lifetime of Tasigna. I wonder if I'll make it to be 50, or 60 or what. It's times like these that I am thankful I don't have children to worry about leaving behind....

Laura.

#2 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:34 PM

Hi Laura:  It feels like its been a lifetime since you were diagnosed, but its only 4 months from what I read if I remember.

We all hate this stupid Leukemia, and I often mention how long I have been living with it.  I do this so when people get discouraged like you are right now, you can see that you will be 45 instead of 35 and still around to call this disease that Stupid Leukemia.  So much goes with this disease, but you have to keep telling yourself how treatable it is.  As each year goes by,they find more and more ways to treat it.  Your also young enough to be one of the people who get to see the real cure for it.  I hope this helps you.  Your so aggravated over them wanting to do that BMB again, and it just makes everything else seem much worse than it is.  Try to have a nice weekend, and if your going to do the BMB, just get it over with so you can move on to start with just PCR blood tests to follow-up on your success beating CML.

Susan

#3 luvmybees24

luvmybees24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:44 PM

It has only been 4 months. I'm not normally this whiny. In fact, half the time I forget I even have the disease. You're right, I am just aggravated over that stupid BMB. I do not do well with anticipation. You should have seen the hell I put my friends through before I had my root canal! LOL! I would like to get it done now but I have to wait until 6 months, which is May 14...I am hoping to have it done as soon as I can so I have time to enjoy the summer and not be in pain or anticipating pain....

Laura.

#4 tiouki

tiouki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:31 PM

Hello Laura

I hope your BMB is going to be ok hopefully you are almost done with that unpleasant exam

My doctor told me that if I was MMR at 9 months I may avoid the 1 year BMB (at 9 months he told me I won't have one cause it's going well). I hope it will be the same for you

Pierre

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users