Photo

Bone Pain, Headaches, Ear-Popping, Should I Worry?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:36 AM

Just reread my post to you and I was NOT implying that the rushing noise in your ears had anything to do with your TKIs not working for you.

I think at one time Trey gave a very plausible explanation for all the noises in our ears but I haven't been able to find it. Trey, do you remember what you told Teds way back when?

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#22 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:40 AM

Tedsey previously reported hearing her heartbeat in her ear (and nose bleeds) during her severe low blood count anemia.  I suggested that the rushing sound was from thin blood (low WBC, RBC, and platelets), since it flows faster through arteries, including the carotid artery near the eardrum.  On the other hand, many of us experienced heartbeat sounds in the ear due to thick blood, because there is more friction and the heart is beating harder.  So oddly, the ear rushing sounds can be from either thick or thin blood.  But the sounds are slightly different.  Thin blood rushing sounds more squishy-squirty and fast-running, and thick blood makes a slower, scraping sound (impossible to describe the real sound).  Tedsey reports that hers beats out "C-M-L" which would means either she has three heart chambers or she is prone to sensationalism and melodrama from a lifetime of reading weird books and watching Madame Butterfly too many times.  However, she seems to describe squishy blood sounds.  A CBC would show anemia status. 

#23 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:59 AM

Thanks, I thought it was something like that but I don't remember the reference to "Madame Butterfly" in your previous post. That could definitely do it!

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#24 Tedsey

Tedsey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:05 AM

Never nose bleeds.  Actually, never had one in my life, but once, my then two-year-old son got curious and, like lightening, shot his little pinky all the way up my nose (how is that for embellishment, and do I sense some melodrama in between?)--Nevertheless, very painful and a bit bloody...  Got my CBC today.  Looks good.  Not anemic, but low end of normal.  I am not sure which will drive me insane first, the blood rushing or the mouth sores.  No squishy sound.  Just whooshing.  Maybe because I am missing one heart chamber, who knows?  Speaking of the thumper, had some wicked heartburn yesterday...  That was probably the brat and sauerkraut, which I could only eat 1/2.  Guess I can't blame CML or Sprycel on that one.  Darn. 

Tu, tu piccolo iddio, amore mio.... ,  http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Xvq9BlWI3jU   Nobody sings it better than Montserrat!

Tedsey

P.S.  Pat I didn't even think you hinted that.  Hope you are feeling much better after the procedure.  So happy you can breathe again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users