• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sunshine48

Sunshine48

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

hi ya'll, I got my bloodwork done today and got my normal print of from the CBC and stuff and on the bottom of it said:

"Toxic Granulation is present"  ??

"Vacuolated neutrophils are present"  ??

"Anisocytossis is present" <- I know this means anemia..

I have tried googling them and the information does not make much sense to me. Does anyone know what those first two mean???

WBC: 48.7              H

RBC: 4.58

HGB: 12.7

HCT: 37.9

MCV:82.8                L

MCH: 27.8

MCHC: 33.6

RDW: 17.2               H

PLATELET: 2104  HHH

NEUTROPHILS:  35.5          H

BANDS:          14%         H

LYMPHOCYTES:  4.4

MONOCYTES:      0.5 

EOSINOPHILS:     0.5

BASOPHILS:         1.0          H

METAMYELOCYTES: 3.9    H

MYELOCYTES: 2.9              H

I ADDED THIS PART OF THE RESULTS JUST INCASE YOU NEED TO KNOW MY NUMBERS TO KNOW WHAT THOSE OTHER TWO THINGS ARE.. Thanks to anyone who can help!!!

**I've been on Gleevec, Tasigna, hydrea and now sprycel in process of getting ready for a transplant because this is the best my numbers have ever looked but they are going back up rather then down like they should..**

#2 jrsboo

jrsboo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:11 PM

A quick google myself finds that both the first two indicate that you have sepsis.  An infection/inflammation that is quite serious.  I would call your doctor right away and see if there is something you should be doing about it.

From Wiki:

Toxic granulation refers to changes in granulocyte cells seen on examination of the peripheral blood film of patients with inflammatory conditions. They are commonly found in patients with sepsis.

From LSU Health:

Vacuolated Segmented Neutrophil
-Vacuoles are the sites of digestion of phagocytized material.

-Toxic vacuolization is often seen with toxic granulation.

-Vacuolated PMNs are reported to be a sensitive indicator of sepsis.

#3 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

All of those results are consistent with blast phase CML, which is why you are having a transplant.  This will all be wiped away with the transplant.

I would be concerned that your platelets are so high (2.1 million), causing risk of peripheral artery clotting or stroke.  You should be on some medication for this.  I would ask the doc about whether to take aspirin daily or some other blood thinner.

#4 Sunshine48

Sunshine48

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

yeah 2.1 million they have been as high as 4.2 million before.. I am taking  baby asprine everyday and / or my vicodin that helps bring my platlettes down... I was taking 6 hydreas a day for a bit to get me down to where i am.. Thanks for the info

#5 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:39 PM

Hi:  I hope you will be getting your transplant soon.  Your numbers are high.  Are they saying when you will be starting to get ready for your BMT.  I have not been following a lot of the messages this past week.  I pray for eveyone, even when I cannot get on here to post.  You have a lot of people on here who really care, so just stay strong, and keep us posted when you can.

#6 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:38 AM

Good luck, Sunshine, you are in my thoughts daily!

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#7 Sunshine48

Sunshine48

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:52 PM

Thank you Susan and Pat!! I'm still waiting for a donor match, so far none have but they said they have a sample coming in tomorrow, Friday and one next week so fingers crossed for a match... they said I have a very common tissue type so that's in my favor but just waiting still... i've already had all my other stuff done though so once we get the match it'll be a go.. I will keep ya'll posted though!!! thank you for the prayers I need em, especially today it's been a horrible horrible day :'(.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users