• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 susantheresa

susantheresa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:23 AM

Hi , my name is Susan M and I was dx with CML. Moved to transplant in 2005.  I am here if anyone needs to chat.  Susan M

#2 tinac21

tinac21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

Hello Susan,

Nice to meet you.:) Im Tina, Cml since 04' gleevec immune in 07' Sprycel remission since 10'.  Are you currently on any treatment post transplant? I might be headed down that path soon depending on pending results of a lymph node biopsy. Its always nice to know others have made it threw transplant successfully and i would love to hear your story any time

Tina

#3 BY196

BY196

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

Good to know--thanks! I'm hoping not to go that route but as we all know, things don't always go according to plan.

Beth

#4 susantheresa

susantheresa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

Hi tina,

Nice to meet you too.  No, I am on no transplant meds since 07.  Itake a statin for cholestral and actonel for my osteoporsis. Chemo and steroids ate my bones pretty good.  No worries though.  I'am alive.

I was dx in 04 and on gleevac until it failed me.  It just didn't work.At the time they were testing two drugs in clinical trials and believe it or not, one is tasigna and spyracel.  I was closed out of one of the trials because they have very strict rules and I was only3 or 4 days past the inclusion period.  they tested both of my Brothers and they were both perfect matches.  I was still healthy and only 48 at the time so transplant really became my only option.  I do really know how blessed I was to have two matches.  the Doctors said I had my Father to thank for that one. I was petrified and kept putting off the main event.  I was suppose to have it in November of 04 but wound up being transplanted in April 05.It really really was my only option.  Today it really is another miriclethat spryacel and tasigna are available because in 04/05 they weren't.

Lots and lots of people live normal health lives with those pills. Actor, Ryan O Neil and Kareem-abdule Jabar to name a few. Keep up the good workad remember,live, love, laugh and pray.  Blessings to you and all of the others.  Susan M

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users