• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JLS

JLS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:56 PM

I have severe anemia on sprycel. Been on sprycel for one year now, but anemia just showed up last month.

Doctor is concerned and doing other tests to find out why the anemia?

Found blood in the stool and I am now scheduled for a colonoscopy.

Until then though I am having trouble just living. I am so exhausted can't do much of anything.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same and what the results were?

#2 Tedsey

Tedsey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

I had severe anemia on Gleevec.  Day to day tasks were extremely hard because I couldn't breathe.  Is Sprycel the only TKI you have been on?

#3 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

Not a normal pattern.  We should always remember that not everything is a result of the TKI drugs.  So it is good to look for other reasons.  Please let us know the results.

#4 Idahogal

Idahogal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:52 PM

Hi,

I too have been anemic with Sprycel. I was hospitalized  for this twice in the past 6 months. My doctors gave me blood transfusions both times. ( 2 different doctors at 2 different hospitals )The 1st time I was given 5 units of blood and the 2nd time 4 units. I am wondering if I am anemic again because I literally have no energy either. I had a BMB last week and they will meet with me Thur. to go over the results so maybe I will find out then.

This isn't much help I know. I wish there was a better answer. I am so sorry you are having these issues too. Hang in there and keep trying each day. It is so awful to feel useless, I know, and to not be able to leave the house much or do things with family and friends really sucks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users