• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 luvmybees24

luvmybees24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

I swear this country needs to get their crap together. I have NO medical coverage. I am an unemployed teacher and applied for Medicaid back in December. I finally had my meeting today and they said their doctors have to deem me disabled in order for me to get it since I am 35 and have no children. Thankfully my oncologist says I AM disabled because of the bone pain and low immunity. I just hope I get approved. This whole CML thing has been a nightmare! Why can't we have universal health care? If I could I'd go get pregnant just for the stinkin' Medicaid!

#2 NotJack?

NotJack?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:45 PM

It makes no sense not to go universal.  It would be cheaper, and cover everyone.  The only reason that I see for it not happening is the insurance lobby, and the politicians that they buy.  Campaign finance reform is the only way for this country to go back to the people.  If they can't be bought, they will do the right thing.  Sorry you have to go through this, Jack

Jack

#3 susantheresa

susantheresa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:17 AM

Hi, I was just wondering if your Doctor or Hospital's social worker may need to be contacted. At my initial dx, the Hospital social worker came to my room and signed me up for all kinds of programs.  Most of them I didn't qualify for but at least they got the paperwork generated. I was always under the impression that if you were unemployed and were sik, Medicade automaticlly kicked in. When I visited my states county office, I should have had a camera.  I was so sick and having a hard time financially and everyone there were dressed to the nines, I could hardly afford my meds and l well, lets just say I was disgusted as somone who paid there taxes for 30 years and now needed the system that I paid into and was not treated the way I thought I should have been.  Good luck.  Perservere and you will receive the help.  Make sure you look into the social  worker. Susan M

#4 tinac21

tinac21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:47 PM

So sorry you are having to go threw this I feel your pain, every year medicaid raised my share of cost because we supposedly make too much $$. Or they decide not to cover me one month or put my son unto his own share of cost restraints. Its mind boggling the cost of treatment. I am sadly very grateful my prescription costs are so high, they help me meet my share of cost so that my whole family is covered. I fight them every single month with out stop and florida has no assigned social workers, so its the luck of the draw who gets my case each month. I hope you can claim the disability coverage that you need with out a big fight. Sending good vibes your way. 

#5 luvmybees24

luvmybees24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:35 PM

Yes, I did meet with the social worker in the hospital and then went back to file for Medicaid with them. 3 months later they finally sent in the application. I just met with a DHS worker yesterday and they are submitting my paperwork to their medical review team. Ugh. I just need answers! Thanks for the well wishes.

#6 luvmybees24

luvmybees24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:36 PM

Thanks! I get my meds through Novartis, thankfully because who the hell could afford 9 grand a month for pills? I don't even think a doctor could afford that!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users