Photo

Can someone help me interpret a blood test?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 luvmybees24

luvmybees24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

I just had a PCR (I think that's what its called) and may have had a FISH. I am waiting on the results. However this is my ORIGINAL test from 11/14/11. I was wondering if this was a PCR and what are they looking at to go down? Back then I had a BMB and a Peripheral Blood Smear. It showed:

Myeloids 86.5%, lympohcytes 9.4%, Monocytes 1.6%, basophils 0.8% and eosinophils 1.7% 

So what numbers am I looking to see a decrease in when I receive my PCR results? Or do I need to give you guys the #'s from my November BMB?

Laura.

#2 luvmybees24

luvmybees24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

Ok I just found my chromosome analysis report form. From 11/14/11 it says that 86% of metaphase cells had a Philadelphia chromosome. So is that the percent I am looking to go down?

#3 HPL

HPL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

HI Laura,

Yes, the 86% is most likely FISH test, and that will be important to track, especially in the beginning. Once you hit a 2 log reduction, FISH is not as relevent anymore due to it's not as sensitive as the PCR test. After 2 Log reduction, you will pay more and more attention to the PCR report. And hopefully, one day you will be 0 on the PCR

THe first numbers above, are your CBCs and differential. The numbers are pretty consistant with a CBC after initial diagnosis, high Myeloid count and low Lymphocytes. Eventually that ratio will change someone as the CML gets under control. From what you wrote above, I don't see a PCR result anywhere in there.

Regards,

Hans

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users