• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:10 PM

Okay, I was supposed to get my PCR test yesterday, but I was too sick to go.  Just too wiped out to even consider driving into Boston. (Plus, I'd rather not present my germy self to a waiting room full of oncology patients, some in fragile condition!)

So I dutifully called yesterday (twice) to change the appt to today. Arrived today, got my little slips for the test tubes, got in the chair, stuck my arm out, then heard that they had no order. So I got sent back to the checkin to get the order. Walked back over, waited while Phlebotomist 1 does a shft change review with Phlebotomist 2, got in there, discovered that the checkin gal used the wrong form for the order.  The PCR test is sent out, so needs another form and doctors signature. Phlebotomist 1 assures me she will get the proper forms and signatures on her way out to go back to another shift on a different floor, where the nurse was already calling down asking what the hold up was all about.

So, what are the odds that my sample got the proper form and signatures?  Yeah, that's kinda what I thought.

So, I guess the lesson here is, never change the date of your PCR exam, huh?

Traci

#2 Fas

Fas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

Traci,

I can see why you would be concerned.  Personally, I approach this event strategically or maybe I am just obsessive and I am particularly neurotic about my prc draw day.  Fortunately, I go to a walk in, out patient lab with my script in hand.  If I do not feel well I do not go.  If I see the lab is in a state of confusion that day I leave and come later in the week.  Once I walked in around the holidays and did not recognize a single tech, most of the regulars were on vacation - I came back the following Monday.  I know the exact number and color of tubes required and any deviation I question.  I plan the trip weeks ahead so I have backup options.  How is that for neurotic?  LOL. 

Hope all works out well,

Fran

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users