• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sschneck

sschneck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:36 PM

I broke out in a bad rash and the Dr. thinks its my Tasigna, but now I'm not so sure.  I used Aquafor since my skin was really dry and the next day my legs were really red and swollen.  Doc gave me prednisone and told me to stop the Tasigna for a week.  Didn't use any creams for a couple days and the rash seemed to be getting better.  Wed. night I noticed skin was drying out so put on my Aquafor again and low and behold woke up Thursday with red itchy legs again.  Now beginning to wonder if it has anything to do with my medsf!  Yikes!

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:52 PM

It is mainly just petroleum jelly mixed with mineral oil.  You could mix that at home at lot cheaper.  No extra charge for that advice.

But it is somewhat possible for people to be allergic to the additives (ceresin, Lanolin, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol.)

http://www.eczema.net/aquaphor/

#3 sschneck

sschneck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:00 PM

I use the CVS brand of it so not expensive, no reaction on my hands just legs, weird huh?

#4 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:35 PM

I react to anything that has lanolin in it, but I feel itchy with it.

#5 Idahogal

Idahogal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:41 AM

I have very dry skin as well and have had allergic reactions to many lotions and creams. I just recently started rubbing coconut oil on my skin at bedtime and all ready see a significant improvement and no allergic reaction. Because it is a solid I just let in melt between my palms and then rub it on.

#6 sschneck

sschneck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

update:  Dr. stopped my Tasigna and now wants me on Gleevec.  I have been off the Tasigna about 3 weeks.  Starting the Gleevec as soon as it gets approved and comes in...hoping for better skin with this one.  Rash is completely gone now and my skin doesn't itch.  Stopped itching after about 2 weeks off the Tasigna.  I haven't been putting anything on my skin except baby oil,  all lotions tend to make me break out now for some reason...

#7 BethG

BethG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

I am taking ponatinib, but also have developed very dry skin. So far, the only product I've had success with is Neutrogena Body Oil. I slather it on while I'm in the shower and it does help. Every other product I've tried makes my skin red and itchy. My sympathies!

BethG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users